Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Will someone please tell me how much different it is on the other side once you're healed?

[Lo...]

How different is your thought process? Does motivation and zest for life return? Do the looping negative intrusive thoughts stop? Please give me some hope

Im 30 years old and 3 years clean CT from a 10 year benzo(Valium and Ativan) and speed addiction. Im almost healed and have felt a few windows of 100 percent normality. Please tell me the windows are indicators of the other side bro, because I felt 100 percent during 1 of them

Edited by [Lo...]

Hello @[Lo...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Have you already quit? If so, how long ago? Did you taper off gradually? And, from which benzodiazepine and at what dose?

Answers to those questions will allow us to make more informed comment. But in short, nearly everyone reports improvements over time. For some, they taper off and immediately feel fine. For others, it can take time. Sometimes, considerable time. But unless you know from personal experience to the contrary, you should expect the best, not the worst.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Have you already quit? If so, how long ago? Did you taper off gradually? And, from which benzodiazepine and at what dose?

Answers to those questions will allow us to make more informed comment. But in short, nearly everyone reports improvements over time. For some, they taper off and immediately feel fine. For others, it can take time. Sometimes, considerable time. But unless you know from personal experience to the contrary, you should expect the best, not the worst.

Im 30 years old and 3 years clean CT from a 10 year benzo and speed addiction. Im almost healed and have felt a few windows of 100 percent normality. Please tell me the windows are indicators of the other side bro, because I felt 100 percent during 1 of them 

Also Colin I don't drink or smoke weed or take any ssris or anything. I realize that raw dogging life is the only way to heal and succeed

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Valium, Ambien, and Ativan I was taking 

I'd say you're well on your way to full recovery @[Lo...], pretty soon those windows won't be windows anymore, they'll be your reality. When I recovered, everything returned to the way it was before I started taking the medication, it was wonderful and I quit cold turkey like you did. 

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

I'd say you're well on your way to full recovery @[Lo...], pretty soon those windows won't be windows anymore, they'll be your reality. When I recovered, everything returned to the way it was before I started taking the medication, it was wonderful and I quit cold turkey like you did. 

Did it feel like it would never end? Did you have that negative filter where everything seems so bleak and hopeless? After it ended did you stop thinking about paws?

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Im 30 years old and 3 years clean CT from a 10 year benzo and speed addiction. Im almost healed and have felt a few windows of 100 percent normality. Please tell me the windows are indicators of the other side bro, because I felt 100 percent during 1 of them 

My best advice, @[Lo...], is to avoid dwelling upon it. I continued to heal after three years, as have many of our members. And I suggest avoid comparing how you are now with your younger self. I don't know your age, but all other things being equal, even a 35 year old will not compare with his/her 20-year old self. When something traumatic occurs in our life, we might naturally compare how we are after with how we were before the event. But if the event is protracted in nature (addicted for ten years and a few years of recovery, say), we are considerably older by the end and it is not sensible to compare the older self with the younger.

3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Did it feel like it would never end? Did you have that negative filter where everything seems so bleak and hopeless? After it ended did you stop thinking about paws?

I felt hopeless during my recovery, and yes, I lost touch with my positive emotions, there was no joy, only negative thinking and pain.  When I recovered, I was so happy, there was no PTSD, no setbacks or lingering symptoms, I hope it will be the same for you.

• Love 1