Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Scary fatigue

[BN...]

Hey buds. I’m in a setback and experiencing a level of fatigue that I have never felt. I can barely stand and am afraid to move around. The sensation is confusing to describe: my legs feel beyond weak, trembling, but also like they’re terribly uncomfortable. I actually had a good morning, manageable level of fatigue, and then this set in around 3pm. 

Has anyone experienced this type of intense fatigue? It’s terrible and triggering. I’m grateful for this group and thank you all for the support.

@[BN...], Yes, I started in with that at around 10 months off.  So frustrating!  Does it make you feel like you just have to lay down or you'll fall down, and brain foggy? 

Mine also often spikes around 3 or 4 pm.  I remember reading some articles about adrenal fatigue and how that spikes around that time.  I guess that makes sense.  I would think this whole process is pretty hard on our adrenal glands.  

If you don't mind me asking, where are you at in this process?

I've been getting this recently too. I am putting it down to the fact that I have a heavy cold atm and think it is probably taxing my system that much extra that I am having extreme attacks of fatigue. It is very much a case of having to lie down before I fall down.

Struggle to lift limbs and feel like I'm going to pass out. Almost did in the street once. I hope it passes when my cold goes. Not experiencing it constantly though thankfully or things would be next to impossible. It can be really severe.

40 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[BN...], Yes, I started in with that at around 10 months off.  So frustrating!  Does it make you feel like you just have to lay down or you'll fall down, and brain foggy? 

Mine also often spikes around 3 or 4 pm.  I remember reading some articles about adrenal fatigue and how that spikes around that time.  I guess that makes sense.  I would think this whole process is pretty hard on our adrenal glands.  

If you don't mind me asking, where are you at in this process?

That’s exactly it @[Bu...]. The fatigue is so extreme that I get scared to walk or stand. And yes brain fog and dizziness. Really hard to manage. It must have some connection to adrenal glands. Mine also tends to spike around 4pm. I’m glad I’m not alone. 

I’m two years off my benzo. The past year has been great and I definitely have been over exercising as a way to cope with stress. My body was trying to warn me for months and then BOOM, a setback hit me. 

45 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I've been getting this recently too. I am putting it down to the fact that I have a heavy cold atm and think it is probably taxing my system that much extra that I am having extreme attacks of fatigue. It is very much a case of having to lie down before I fall down.

Struggle to lift limbs and feel like I'm going to pass out. Almost did in the street once. I hope it passes when my cold goes. Not experiencing it constantly though thankfully or things would be next to impossible. It can be really severe.

Yes @[jo...], I feel the same. The fatigue is so extreme I get scared I’m going to pass out. When I’m laying down my limbs feel so weak and often shaky/trembly. 
I hope you feel better after your cold passes. I got covid during my initial WD and it was tough. 

Edited by [BN...]
  • Like 1

I know this is highly personal and I don’t want to offend anyone but I thought I’d share to see if anyone had a similar experience. Yesterday I was actually feeling better and in the afternoon I engaged in some “self pleasure” and then one/two hours later I couldn’t get out of bed. Ugh…wish I had known better. 

Edited by [BN...]

35 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I know this is highly personal and I don’t want to offend anyone but I thought I’d share to see if anyone had a similar experience. Yesterday I was actually feeling better and in the afternoon I engaged in some “self pleasure” and then one/two hours later I couldn’t get out of bed. Ugh…wish I had known better. 

I've heard this a couple of times on here before. It is a thing for some people it seems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I've heard this a couple of times on here before. It is a thing for some people it seems.

Good to know. It really freaked me out.

@[BN...], I am not sure what is your "self pleasure" thing but I guess it's sexual. If so, I can say that every time after sex I am "paying the bill".. I can't figure out if this is  something related with dopamine or just adrenals or who knows what..

• Wow 1

Just now, [[N...] said:

@[BN...], I am not sure what is your "self pleasure" thing but I guess it's sexual. If so, I can say that every time after sex I am "paying the bill".. I can't figure out if this is  something related with dopamine or just adrenals or who knows what..

Hey @[No...], yes sexual. I masturbated for the first time in a while and it really set me back. It would make sense it has some connection to adrenals considering how fatigued I am. 

@[BN...], I'm sorry about the setback.  At least you have a good idea of why it happened and can do things differently going forward.  I'm really glad to hear you've had a pretty decent year otherwise.  At month 15, it gives me a lot of hope.

11 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[BN...], I'm sorry about the setback.  At least you have a good idea of why it happened and can do things differently going forward.  I'm really glad to hear you've had a pretty decent year otherwise.  At month 15, it gives me a lot of hope.

Thx @[Bu...]! My life is so much brighter after benzo WD. It’s hard to admit, but this set back is a blessing in disguise…I was falling back into some old habits and I know I’ll come out of this better. You’ll be in the green soon 🤍🫂

• Love 1

Yes I had experience that type of fatigue when comming off effexor, it felt like I couldn't walk. I used to have to hold myself up to take a shower. It does get better hang in there.