Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

11 weeks off of Lorazepam, my body is worn down !

[Di...]

Hi buddies,

I am 69 years old and I have never been sicker in my life since I decided to end my relationship with this benzo 11 weeks ago.  

After two weeks off, my body started jerking, I spent three solid days in bed as my body constantly jerked.  Then I resorted to using a walker due to

the body jerks and my body felt unstable and unsteady, I had to hold onto the walls or furniture, balancing my body. 

I ended up in ER with a diverticulitis attack taking too many vitamins and minerals.  A few days ago I suffered a gout attack.  

A few days ago I said goodbye to the walker, no more having to use the walker but I still feel unsteady on my feet. 

Also, my blood sugar spikes up and down.  

All of my muscles feel stiff and hurt and ache but this might be due to the gout.     

This is what I have learned.  I must drink plenty of water.  I have to avoid sugar, flour, and fried food.  Only eat foods that are natural and organic. 

I feel optimistic eventually my CNS will heal.  I just have to take special care of my body and provide it with the right amount of nutrients.  

• Like 2

On 23/10/2024 at 02:32, [[l...] said:

I think you will be much better very soon.

Did you apply cold turkey or tapering ?

2 1/2 years tapering.  I started out at 2 mg of Ativan.  

Dixie

The benzos do so much horrible stuff to us. I was on for 30 years amd was very difficult. The good comes back thougj. You have a great atitude at 11 weeks. Im almost to 3 years. It still comes and goes but nothing at all like it used to be. Keep going younwill get there!!