Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

national library of medicine article

[Fr...]

https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5137842/

interesting article.

I am very concerned about the harms caused by this site and hope some discussion will lead to a change in attitude. 

I in no way think good isn’t done here too but there is in effect a lot of harm. 

Repression of skepticism of an industry leads many here to more harm.  Not intentional harm which I would call evil.  Just poor judgement so “bad” people I guess.  

I am pretty sure anyone in a white coat with a firm tone could get the support of most of the management here.  It is totally normal.  The majority of people behave this way and likely are happier and more peaceful because of it.  Definitely stabler. Definitely shouldnt be in a position of power over vulnerable people though. Thats how we got in this mess.  

2 hours ago, [[F...] said:

interesting article.

I am very concerned about the harms caused by this site and hope some discussion will lead to a change in attitude. 

I in no way think good isn’t done here too but there is in effect a lot of harm. 

Repression of skepticism of an industry leads many here to more harm.  Not intentional harm which I would call evil.  Just poor judgement so “bad” people I guess.  

I am pretty sure anyone in a white coat with a firm tone could get the support of most of the management here.  It is totally normal.  The majority of people behave this way and likely are happier and more peaceful because of it.  Definitely stabler. Definitely shouldnt be in a position of power over vulnerable people though. Thats how we got in this mess.  

Can you direct me to posts where people on this site have reported harm because of this site? Thanks.

11 hours ago, [[F...] said:

interesting article.

Hello @[Fr...]

I am generally quite patient, but my patience is wearing thin. When you joined BenzoBuddies, you agreed to our rules. BB is not an antipsychiatry or anti-medication website. There are plenty of websites which cater to such nonsense on the web - please take it there.

I have already explained to you our rules, with links. BB exists to help those experiencing problems with benzodiazepines to better manage their medication (usually with the aim to withdraw). But neither is withdrawal (as a goal) a pre-requisite. We are here to help, not badger members into particular actions with any of their medications. We recognise that medicine is complicated, (all) medications are imperfect, and aim to bolster patient agency, not diminish it.

I will not warn you again. If you persist in this type of content, we will queue your posts for moderator pre-approval.

By the way, a genuine discussion about that article (for clarity, it is not a study) would have be fine. It is your general approach of antipsychiatry which is problematic.

8 hours ago, [[F...] said:

lol. jonwil. anyone encouraged by the attitude here to reengage with drugs. 

And by the way, @[jo...] has not posted to this thread.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Depp

You respond with a rude, demanding comment like this? How juvenile.

I wonder what your motive is for being here. You’ve been directed to the forum rules and guidelines that you agreed to upon joining.

Clearly you have no concept about how many people BB has actually saved from taking unneeded drugs. Receiving validation about this challenging withdrawal process and getting support from those who understand has been key for many members over many long years. I personally might have been polydrugged had I not gained knowledge about the impact benzos have on the body and mind. However, I support anyone who feels for whatever reason they need to take medications. It would be irresponsible of us if we didn’t have this policy.

1 hour ago, [[p...] said:

You respond with a rude, demanding comment like this? How juvenile.

I wonder what your motive is for being here. You’ve been directed to the forum rules and guidelines that you agreed to upon joining.

Clearly you have no concept about how many people BB has actually saved from taking unneeded drugs. Receiving validation about this challenging withdrawal process and getting support from those who understand has been key for many members over many long years. I personally might have been polydrugged had I not gained knowledge about the impact benzos have on the body and mind. However, I support anyone who feels for whatever reason they need to take medications. It would be irresponsible of us if we didn’t have this policy.

not really sure what you are worked up about. Depp is a semi common last name I guess. In this case it is whatever buttons got hit while i was swiping up to close safari but whatever. 

Yes you do point out the issue that concerns me though. supporting medication. which just like telling people not to is irresponsible in your opinion  

I also posted an article Colin not a study though it refers to some. 

Do what pleases you with the account. I doesnt really affect me. The reactions do make my point for me though.