Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What a month!//psyk ward//large cut

[JA...]

For the first time in my life I experienced a psyk ward for 10 days this month,. All due to being really overwhelmed from 10 months of tapering and I'd totally had enough mentally and needed a break

I went in there sitting at 5mg and was cut to 4mg the 2nd day in there,.going in there needing a break turned into the worst of withdrawals yet after that 1mg cut

I was allready withdrawing bad when I went in and that 1mg cut took this to a whole new level,..3 weeks of aka,i barley slept,had unreal high anxiety, the tenseness was just like going CT as I have done in the past,.it was a very strange 10 days 

So it took 3 weeks to kinda stabalise somewhat after that,.and boy that aka is something else,..mind and body,I totally see how folk go through hell with it

Lesson learned is a psyk ward in no place to be withdrawing in at all,I was overwhelmed and definitely thought it was the best idea at the time.

checked every hour in the night and barley slept,and in that environment the withdrawing was peak hard to deal with

What I took from it was even under extreme duress I got through it even after the large cut at low dose

Also cutting a large dose like that while getting low is about as worse as it can get I think

I carried on with the taper last week though and dropped 0.5 mg over 3 days and currently sit at 3.5mg V

I still feel shell shocked from this month but I still need to keep moving forward and get this taper done : )

• Like 3

Frogman yea man definitely an experience and a hard lesson learned

And a other lesson i did learn bud was going way to quick in a taper will make you feel like you need ward

35 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

For the first time in my life I experienced a psyk ward for 10 days this month,. All due to being really overwhelmed from 10 months of tapering and I'd totally had enough mentally and needed a break

I went in there sitting at 5mg and was cut to 4mg the 2nd day in there,.going in there needing a break turned into the worst of withdrawals yet after that 1mg cut

I was allready withdrawing bad when I went in and that 1mg cut took this to a whole new level,..3 weeks of aka,i barley slept,had unreal high anxiety, the tenseness was just like going CT as I have done in the past,.it was a very strange 10 days 

So it took 3 weeks to kinda stabalise somewhat after that,.and boy that aka is something else,..mind and body,I totally see how folk go through hell with it

Lesson learned is a psyk ward in no place to be withdrawing in at all,I was overwhelmed and definitely thought it was the best idea at the time.

checked every hour in the night and barley slept,and in that environment the withdrawing was peak hard to deal with

What I took from it was even under extreme duress I got through it even after the large cut at low dose

Also cutting a large dose like that while getting low is about as worse as it can get I think

I carried on with the taper last week though and dropped 0.5 mg over 3 days and currently sit at 3.5mg V

I still feel shell shocked from this month but I still need to keep moving forward and get this taper done : )

Yeah @[JA...] it seems it's not the place to be for us during all this. Sorry it was so rough aka is the roughest thing imo. Were you pacing as well? I've heard they dont like that.

4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Jonwill yea bud i was pacing in my room and outside,it calmed down after about 3 weeks 

Glad it calmed down for you. Keep going mate your doing well!

• Like 2

On 22/10/2024 at 21:08, [[J...] said:

I was in psych wards like 10 times last year also with akathisia. It's a bad bad place when withdrawaling from benzos! Walking up and down the corridors sucks so much..and no support in any way.

It will get better friend. 

On 22/10/2024 at 14:08, [[J...] said:

After every cut I felt the torment of withdrawal. I had to go through it as difficult as it was. Endured this for a month or so but I always knew I would stabalize. That's the only thing that kept me going. I would use that as my mantra during the worst of it. Tell myself over and over it will pass. It will get better. 

It does get better. It does pass. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, [[E...] said:

After every cut I felt the torment of withdrawal. I had to go through it as difficult as it was. Endured this for a month or so but I always knew I would stabalize. That's the only thing that kept me going. I would use that as my mantra during the worst of it. Tell myself over and over it will pass. It will get better. 

It does get better. It does pass. 

Yes, it does. Baby steps. Nourish and soothe yourself as best you can.

• Like 2