Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Religion

[TH...]

Hey, random question and not sure if allowed on here so please delete if not. But has anyone become religious or started believing in some god or another since their benzo journey? Maybe to help them through in the hope that someone is listening to them? 

Interested in people's thoughts. 

• Love 1

Great question. Yes, my belief in God increased 1000%. God has helped me tremendously with overcoming and healing from drug damage triumphantly. Examples:

• I asked God for intrusive thoughts to go away and miraculously they did.
  • Good things appeared before I thought of them, as if God anticipated them.
  • I asked God to help me resume functioning in society and then I was able to.
  • Like 2

Hello @[TH...]

We all have our different set of coping mechanisms and various ways to regain our motivation and find meaning going through benzodiazepine withdrawal. 

Having said that, as the Guidelines point it out, BenzoBuddies is a secular peer support group, where all members of different backgrounds are welcome and are encouraged to join and engage. While there was a faith based support Forum, it only seemed to generate more problems and debate in the past. 

I am positive that members who need this kind of support will find a right way and proper place not only to practice this intimate activity, but engage in meaningful discussions about ways it helped them through this journey. 

• Like 1

[95...]