Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How do you know when something is benzo withdrawal or something else?

[Sw...]

I think for me when I first had a CT then taper I got pretty bad tinnitus, and other symptoms, all around that time. So much has improved for me but the tinnitus persists. Can I still attribute this to withdrawal? 

how do you know your symptoms are still withdrawal? 

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

I think for me when I first had a CT then taper I got pretty bad tinnitus, and other symptoms, all around that time. So much has improved for me but the tinnitus persists. Can I still attribute this to withdrawal? 

I think tinnitus is a very common symptom of withdrawal. I too have that. It may be one of the last symptoms to leave. 

If you have health anxiety over any symptoms you can always get checked out by a Dr. I did that early in my taper to relieve the anxiety and it worked. 

• Like 1

Thank you @[En...]

Unfortunately tinnitus is a symptom of so many things. TMJ, hearing loss, infections, withdrawal. I know it can’t hurt me, but it’s mentally exhausting to hear this dental drill ringing in my ear. I’m seeing some improvement today, the wave started a month ago with hills and valleys all along. But the past ten days it’s been persistent with no breaks. It somehow seems different right this moment. 
so many people have tinnitus but it’s not their worst symptom. It is definitely my worst symptom. Last of the remaining symptoms.

i just read through 10 success stories and all but one of them their tinnitus went away after 2-5 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Thank you @[En...]

Unfortunately tinnitus is a symptom of so many things. TMJ, hearing loss, infections, withdrawal. I know it can’t hurt me, but it’s mentally exhausting to hear this dental drill ringing in my ear. I’m seeing some improvement today, the wave started a month ago with hills and valleys all along. But the past ten days it’s been persistent with no breaks. It somehow seems different right this moment. 
so many people have tinnitus but it’s not their worst symptom. It is definitely my worst symptom. Last of the remaining symptoms.

i just read through 10 success stories and all but one of them their tinnitus went away after 2-5 years. 

I hear the best thing for tinnitus is to have background noise. When in bed have the radio on or a fan on. It is at night that I notice it the most. Mine is like ringing. Sometimes it changes tone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

You could try going to a Cervical Chiropractor. I went to one and he adjusted my Atlas Vertebrae that cradles the skull. Afterwards, I noticed that my the volume of tinnitus had dropped down about half! I'm going to keep going!

• Wow 1

@[Ta...] I went to a chiropractor multiple times and had neck adjustments but I was not able to modulate the tinnitus this way! I’m happy yours is better! 

• Like 1

I have tinnitus too i find listening to white noise on Spotify as a really quiet level helps.

I don't think we can ever tell what is withdrawal and what isn't. I unfortunately got covid right before I WD acute. So I am battling this too. Doctors have diagnosed dysautonomia but I also know this is a symptom of WD. The methods to make dysautonomia better don't seem.to be working on me so assume WD. Only time will actually tell on this.

I just decided to stop being in a loop with my health anxiety and it is what it is. Some days I feel so physically ill and broken others days I feel ok. I need to stop searching for problems because its making the WD worse. I just need to ride it out and wait. No more catastrophising my health. I won't ever get the answers I want or need. 

• Love 1