Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Less worry, Better healing

[da...]

I'm 3 months off Benzo now! From 35mg Valium eq. to now, I am very proud of myself.

Insomnia is my biggest enemy since Jan 24. In July, which is the first month of Benzo free, is the worst. I only got 2 or 3 hours everyday that month and I wrote a post in the forum to seek help. My body is fatigue, tired, sleepy etc. I am not going to describe them all but you know what I mean.

Here is the thing. Don't focus on the symptoms. Don't think about it.

I know it's difficult. But trust me. Try to ignore them, or accept them.

When I wrote the post about Insomnia in July and said "I am scared about the night because I know I am not going to get any sleep", someone commented and said "Don't focus too much on it and let it heal itself". I didn't really believe at that time but I still try anyway. It won't get any worse than that time, right?

Try not to focus on it. Do your routine. Now I usually get 6 or 7 sleeping hours. Sometimes they are not quality sleep and I am still graceful about my progress. 

Insomnia is getting better. Although my muscle pain is still bothering me, I know I am on the right track.

Huge thanks to the forum. It helps me a lot along the journey.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I'm 3 months off Benzo now! From 35mg Valium eq. to now, I am very proud of myself.

Insomnia is my biggest enemy since Jan 24. In July, which is the first month of Benzo free, is the worst. I only got 2 or 3 hours everyday that month and I wrote a post in the forum to seek help. My body is fatigue, tired, sleepy etc. I am not going to describe them all but you know what I mean.

Here is the thing. Don't focus on the symptoms. Don't think about it.

I know it's difficult. But trust me. Try to ignore them, or accept them.

When I wrote the post about Insomnia in July and said "I am scared about the night because I know I am not going to get any sleep", someone commented and said "Don't focus too much on it and let it heal itself". I didn't really believe at that time but I still try anyway. It won't get any worse than that time, right?

Try not to focus on it. Do your routine. Now I usually get 6 or 7 sleeping hours. Sometimes they are not quality sleep and I am still graceful about my progress. 

Insomnia is getting better. Although my muscle pain is still bothering me, I know I am on the right track.

Huge thanks to the forum. It helps me a lot along the journey.

Have a great day everyone!

This is good advice! It seems that when I concentrate more and more on the symptoms, they expand and grow until they take up my whole world! 🌎

• Like 1

This is so great to read @[da...], I'm thrilled you're feeling so well at only 3 months off of the Valium.  I love your advice too, we need to accept and roll with it because fighting only makes us feel worse. 

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Be...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Ar...]
    • [...]
    • [Si...]