Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

10 years and perfectly fine

[Vi...]

I was on Ativan then Klonopin and when I went to a doctor who specialized in benzo tapering, I was on Valium.  It took me a couple of years to taper because I backslid but it’s been 10 years off.  I was so bad going through withdrawal I could barely get out of bed but somehow got up to work.  Please give yourself time and when you don’t feel like going anywhere DONT.  Just sit in bed.  It WILL get better.  I am proof.  I haven’t read this site in years but got an email and wanted to share.  I am 100% recovered and if I can do it, ANYONE can

• Like 13
  • Love 8

Thank you for sharing.  It’s great encouragement for all of us.  I’m one year post taper and needing all the encouragement I can get.  
Many thanks. 😘

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Jacinta, you will be great!  I feel 100% normal and have no after affects and I was on all different kinds long term.  And now, I have no anxiety just the normal every day kind.  I really wouldn’t have believed it but it happened! ❤️hugs❤️

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your story!! Your sharing is saving so many people including me. I wish you a beautiful day 🥰

• Like 2

How long did it take you to fully recover after the taper ended? How different do things feel when you get to the other side?

Oscar, I would say it took me less than a year, just a few months but I also tapered literally for over 2 years.  I started taking benzos because I had something traumatic happen so I was sooooo anxious and couldn’t eat or sleep so they put me on Ativan and it was a life saver at first but when I kept taking higher and higher doses and adding Klonopin, my anxiety was horrible.  Now, I have no anxiety except normal everyday things.  It is like NIGHT and DAY!   Even now 10 years later I am so grateful for feeling normal and I really do.  I never thought I would but I did.  It’s 100% possible and I was pretty bad.  ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Congratulations on being free for 10 years. It gives me a lot of hope. I hope the rest of your days will be filled with good luck.

Edited by [ha...]
  • Like 3

On 07/10/2024 at 12:57, [[V...] said:

I was on Ativan then Klonopin and when I went to a doctor who specialized in benzo tapering, I was on Valium.  It took me a couple of years to taper because I backslid but it’s been 10 years off.  I was so bad going through withdrawal I could barely get out of bed but somehow got up to work.  Please give yourself time and when you don’t feel like going anywhere DONT.  Just sit in bed.  It WILL get better.  I am proof.  I haven’t read this site in years but got an email and wanted to share.  I am 100% recovered and if I can do it, ANYONE can

❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏🙏 Thank you SO much for taking the time to come in and share this with those of us still struggling!! I really appreciate it and really needed to hear that. I am so happy for you! 😁

• Like 1

@[Vi...],

I’m thankful and happy you decided to come back in response to the email. You can see already how your message has given hope to those still in the process. You have shown that no matter how bad things can be, with time they get better. I wish you a wonderful life of wellness. 

I am five and half years free from Clonazepam of 4mg. The first 16-18 months was tough but it is all worth it now. Feel great both mentally and physically.  Better yet is that I sleep. The benzo withdrawal really messed with the sleep....all good now. I have my life back and its better than ever...I thank God for giving me the strength to make it through. 

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Th...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [ra...]
    • [...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [Be...]
    • [oc...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [PE...]