Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Best medication for sleep while tapering?.

[JA...]

Any recommendations for something for sleep,..currently just admitted into a psyk ward today

I want to make sure I get something that agrees with you

Is seroquel OK tapering or something else

Hello @[JA...]

Taking medications while being in withdrawal is not without risk. Even if they help you temporarily - or it seems so - not only might they have their own withdrawal, but it might also happen they make you feel worse or cause a flare up in symptoms - certainly not for everyone, of course. Some people have success with low dose melatonin if used as needed.  

As far as I know, nothing will replace a slow, symptom led taper. Do you think the ward can help you with that?

No bud they dont do that,.I was taken down 1mg allready in 1 week recently,..I'm back in as I'm not good at all

But there must be something that helps with this while I'm.here instead of suffering through it

@[JA...] I am really really sorry Buddy, and I am not sure if anything helps after such a huge drop. My heart goes out to you. 

A one week taper is extremely fast for a 1 mg reduction. Is there a chance you go back to a higher dose maybe? Talk with your previous provider? Raising the dose back would possibly make your symptoms bearable. Have you considered that?

I understand you were struggling on the meds with tolerance and interdose withdrawal, but I am not sure if this is a good idea. It might take a while If you want to tough this out. 

Many hugs to you Man.