Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

You, and Hyperparathyroidism

[Ki...]

I have hyperparathyroidism and I was taking Benzos until just recently. I thought I was having withdrawals but it turns out all of my symptoms can be explained with hyperparathyroidism. I'm hoping once I get it dealt with and out of the way that I will be feeling better. I hope and pray. So, for you all maybe you should look into getting your thyroid and parathyroid glands checked. I plan on it. ❤️

I would just remember that benzos act directly on the hormone glands including the thyroid gland and can alter the amount of hormone produced by the gland. I had to do some research recently on this, because ever since being drug free, I've struggled with deficiency in some pituitary hormones that have made my life a hell, ... vasopressin specifically. Researching something like "benzodiazepines and endocrine function" would be a good idea so that you have a better idea of all that may be happening. Good luck <3

Cortisol has a huge impact on hormones and thyroid and cholesterol. I would suggest waiting a while and getting re tested. Mine has been all over the place through WD.

WD really impacts cortisol balance in your body. 

I have multiple thyroid tests, cholesterol and cortisol and hormone tests done last year so I have a normal baseline to go off.

Doctor has requested more tests but im gonna wait until I am at least 12 months past jump to get tested.