Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I KNOW that I wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for Benzo Buddies

There must be many many people out there, all around the world, who feel the same way I do.

Benzo Buddies saved my life over and over again when I was lost in the tangled darkness of Benzo HELL!!!

Many thanks to ALL of you!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Just now, [[m...] said:

Did you fully recover? 

I'm only off of lorazepam six weeks now. It's been a rough ride. I'm experiencing low grade intermittent fever with aches and dizziness. But I've had some good days too.

• Like 3

Ooo only 6 weeks? I hope your trip is short, I've been on it for almost 31 months since my last bit of clonazepam.I've also had a very bad time for a long time.I still have a lot of insomnia and have been dealing with intermittent fevers throughout this summer and last year as well.I wish you a speedy recovery. I feel a little hopeless because the years go by and I'm still the same.I send you a big hug from Spain and lots of encouragement and strength to endure this ordeal we have had to live through.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Ooo only 6 weeks? I hope your trip is short, I've been on it for almost 31 months since my last bit of clonazepam.I've also had a very bad time for a long time.I still have a lot of insomnia and have been dealing with intermittent fevers throughout this summer and last year as well.I wish you a speedy recovery. I feel a little hopeless because the years go by and I'm still the same.I send you a big hug from Spain and lots of encouragement and strength to endure this ordeal we have had to live through.

It encourages me to know that someone else goes thru this strange fever thing, and has survived! Sending hugs to you, too, from California. What helps you the most?

Eileen

For insomnia, at first I tried CBD and even marijuana, then I read that it could be negative and I stopped, it didn't really help much either.Marijuana helped me feel sleepy. Now I occasionally use an over-the-counter medication that is available here in Spain It's called dormidina. I don't take it every day, only when I see that I'm not going to sleep or I've already had a couple of bad nights.It does not affect GABA receptors.For the fever I have taken Artemisia annua capsules every day and it has worked very well for me.I took about 5 grams, it can also be taken as an infusion.I used it because it increases the immune system and it is used for fevers in malaria, the truth is that it has worked very well for me.I haven't taken it for a couple of days and so far my fever hasn't returned.I hope I have helped you.Cheer up!!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, [[m...] said:

For insomnia, at first I tried CBD and even marijuana, then I read that it could be negative and I stopped, it didn't really help much either.Marijuana helped me feel sleepy. Now I occasionally use an over-the-counter medication that is available here in Spain It's called dormidina. I don't take it every day, only when I see that I'm not going to sleep or I've already had a couple of bad nights.It does not affect GABA receptors.For the fever I have taken Artemisia annua capsules every day and it has worked very well for me.I took about 5 grams, it can also be taken as an infusion.I used it because it increases the immune system and it is used for fevers in malaria, the truth is that it has worked very well for me.I haven't taken it for a couple of days and so far my fever hasn't returned.I hope I have helped you.Cheer up!!

Hello @[ma...].

I just replied to your another post from you:

I see that you take a fairly closely related medication to me to help with sleep.

I would suggest that you use it as sparingly as possible. Tolerance to these types of antihistamines develops rapidly.  But please read my other comments in the linked post in case they are relevant to your situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I'm only off of lorazepam six weeks now. It's been a rough ride. I'm experiencing low grade intermittent fever with aches and dizziness. But I've had some good days too.

Wish you a smooth speedy recovery with all my heart, @[Ta...]! I'm glad you have good days so early in the healing process. They always give us some tangible proof of our progress going the right way. Keep healing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hola@[ma...].

Acabo de responder a otra publicación tuya:

Veo que tomas un medicamento bastante parecido al mío para ayudarte a dormir.

Le sugiero que lo use con la mayor moderación posible. La tolerancia a este tipo de antihistamínicos se desarrolla rápidamente. Pero lea mis otros comentarios en la publicación vinculada en caso de que sean relevantes para su situación.

Hi Colin!! Yes, I certainly use it very little, only when I have two very bad nights in a row, because I also feel bad the next day, like I'm lethargic. After this I no longer want to depend on anything to sleep.I will look for the publications you mentioned.Thank you very much for your advice and your work.

3 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hi Colin!! Yes, I certainly use it very little, only when I have two very bad nights in a row, because I also feel bad the next day, like I'm lethargic. After this I no longer want to depend on anything to sleep.I will look for the publications you mentioned.Thank you very much for your advice and your work.

Yes, these types of antihistamines do this. I consider it small price to pay if I have been suffering from very bad insomnia for weeks or months. Thankfully, not really an issue for me anymore.

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Sí, este tipo de antihistamínicos tienen ese efecto. Considero que es un precio pequeño a pagar si he estado sufriendo un insomnio muy fuerte durante semanas o meses. Afortunadamente, ya no es un problema para mí.

It really is like that, sometimes it is worth taking it.I am very glad that you are fully recovered.I miss sleeping like I used to before this nightmare so much.I expected to recover in 6 months, then in a year, and I began to think that it could be delayed until two years, but I'm already past two years and still nothing.It is true that other terrible symptoms have already gone away and have not returned yet, we will see when I can fully recover.I really want to write my success story...hopefully soon..🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yes, @[Ta...], it's better to get checked out but i think it's most probably the withdrawal. My body temperature first got up and down quite unpredictably then it got rather low and stayed that way for a long time. Also absolutely understand concerning 'I never know what it will be like from one day to the next'. I still live in this pattern but bad days are much less troubling now.

So sorry you argue with your daughter. It's so hard to be patient with our dearest during the process, them often unable to understand and us being in weird 'chemical' state. I know it for myself.

And you've described the beginning of your day so beautifully and peacefully. I can imagine the jugs and the happy birds. May your day/ days be getting better and better!)

• Love 1

3 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Ayer fue un día bastante malo, tuve fiebre intermitente y estaba muy mareada y débil. Además, discutí bastante intensamente con mi hija, así que eso nunca es bueno. Después, me costaba incluso caminar hasta la cama.

Esta mañana me senté y nunca sé cómo será el día siguiente. Tengo un pequeño baño para pájaros debajo de un pino en mi jardín. Si puedo llenar dos jarras, una para limpiarlo y otra para llenarlo, entonces sé que será un buen día. Así que salí y preparé el baño para todos los pajaritos. Estaban felices, cantando y chapoteando. Hasta ahora ha sido un día mejor.

Estamos sufriendo una ola de calor aquí en el suroeste, por lo que tengo más fiebre. Nunca llega a los 100 grados F, pero ahora mismo está a 99,5 y sigue así. Probablemente sea la benzodiazepina, pero debería hacerme un chequeo.

I was suffering from this strange fever almost all last summer.Then it came back this summer, I had to take some pills to lower it, it went up to 38 degrees Celsius.I started taking 5 grams of artemisia annua and my fever went away. I took it every day. I haven't taken it for about three days and the fever hasn't returned yet.Artemisia annua is a plant that now grows in my garden. I used it when my dog had leishmaniasis and it controlled the disease very well.I got to take up to 10 grams some days.People here in Spain at least also use it a lot to prevent Covid, that's why I considered it, because it sold out quickly and I needed it for my dog.And look where I used it and it worked very well for me, without any side effects. 

• Like 1

Oh, @[Ta...], so really sorry. I feel for you no end. I'm not sure i know but i'll try to do my best to find out  such info.

50 days off, as i think, it's the acutest of acute and i can imagine how horrible it feels. For me, it was quite often that the following night was a bit better than the previous 'nightmarish' one.

How do you feel right now, Eileen?

Really Kate

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I went outside and drank peppermint tea with the dog, and I just breathed. When there's a moment that I feel okay, I really try to concentrate on it. Crying a lot. Praying a lot. It means SO much to me that you wrote back to me Kate. Thank you.

I did something REALLY stupid. Starbucks has a drink "London Fog" and I tried to make it at home using vanilla extract. It's 35% alcohol. I only used a little in the tea. I've been waking up feeling like I have a hangover! I thought it must w/d sxs, but I'm so exceedingly sensitive now to everything that I have created more misery for myself.

I ran 2 K last night, and before I usually ran 5 K. I think it's too much! Running has saved me in the past, but maybe a slow, gentle walk would be better. Last night was one of the worst nights of my life. I can't go back on lorazepam.

How long can this acute last?

@[Ta...],

So sorry to hear of your really rough night.  Hopefully, time will be your friend and you will turn a corner soon. Wishing you better nights & days ahead.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@[Ta...] I only know some online communities that help with post withdrawal recovery, I think none of them is like BenzoBuddies. I am in Europe, I cetrainly don't know local ones in the US. 

I have been doing gentle walks since the early days of my recovery, 1-2 months out, it was a true lifesaver and it did feel me better. I usually did about 10 thousand steps a day, and I really think that has been helping my recovery. I hope you will try walking - running in this state might be too much for our sensitized systems. You can return to running when you feel better. 

Please, if you can - find anything that helps you to distract. I remember I did Sudoku along with light Podcasts and preparing peppermint tea - just like you :) I also played some silly old computer games... And getting my mind off did help. 

Just hang in there, we know you are doing an incredible job!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Ta...],

So sorry to hear of your really rough night.  Hopefully, time will be your friend and you will turn a corner soon. Wishing you better nights & days ahead.

Thank you, Rock. Means a lot to me. Between June 18 and August 18 I cut as much and as quickly as I could. I guess I must be paying for that. Everything feels like an emergency right now, and thoughts are negative and racing. Just trying to hang on! Letting myself just cry seems to help a little. 😭

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Ta...] I only know some online communities that help with post withdrawal recovery, I think none of them is like BenzoBuddies. I am in Europe, I cetrainly don't know local ones in the US. 

I have been doing gentle walks since the early days of my recovery, 1-2 months out, it was a true lifesaver and it did feel me better. I usually did about 10 thousand steps a day, and I really think that has been helping my recovery. I hope you will try walking - running in this state might be too much for our sensitized systems. You can return to running when you feel better. 

Please, if you can - find anything that helps you to distract. I remember I did Sudoku along with light Podcasts and preparing peppermint tea - just like you :) I also played some silly old computer games... And getting my mind off did help. 

Just hang in there, we know you are doing an incredible job!

Thank you, so much! I probably injured myself by running so hard. It felt good while I was doing it though. This is new territory for me. Lorazepam is very HARD! I got off of Trazedone and Effexor after many years, but NOTHING is quite like this.

I watched some funny videos, and I smiled a little. No news, no movies (unless gentle,) nothing upsetting. I am really trying.

Thanks RR

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I went outside and drank peppermint tea with the dog, and I just breathed. When there's a moment that I feel okay, I really try to concentrate on it. Crying a lot. Praying a lot. It means SO much to me that you wrote back to me Kate. Thank you.

I did something REALLY stupid. Starbucks has a drink "London Fog" and I tried to make it at home using vanilla extract. It's 35% alcohol. I only used a little in the tea. I've been waking up feeling like I have a hangover! I thought it must w/d sxs, but I'm so exceedingly sensitive now to everything that I have created more misery for myself.

I ran 2 K last night, and before I usually ran 5 K. I think it's too much! Running has saved me in the past, but maybe a slow, gentle walk would be better. Last night was one of the worst nights of my life. I can't go back on lorazepam.

How long can this acute last?

Eileen, i haven't been too successful yet but @[Bu...] suggested a link for you which refers to tips concerning withdrawal induced insomnia.

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/coping/withdrawal-induced-insomnia-z-list-tips

I do hope the traces of "London Fog" have already evaporated out of your system, which should bring some relief and, please, be careful and don't force yourself into anything for some time. Running is great but may be right now it should give place to walking, although i did run when i could for 15+ minutes during my acute too. 

Hard to say how long the acute lasts. It varies for different people. I been convinced that it should start getting better after 3-4 months but it took me longer, although i did have good days and nights even at my worst while.

I hope it was really your worst night and if not the last, you'll remember that the night does always finish and you can manage through it. May you have as fewer as possible and better not at all such nights!

• Love 1

On 01/10/2024 at 13:11, [[m...] said:

It really is like that, sometimes it is worth taking it.I am very glad that you are fully recovered.I miss sleeping like I used to before this nightmare so much.I expected to recover in 6 months, then in a year, and I began to think that it could be delayed until two years, but I'm already past two years and still nothing.It is true that other terrible symptoms have already gone away and have not returned yet, we will see when I can fully recover.I really want to write my success story...hopefully soon..🙏🙏🙏🙏

Saying prayers for you (if that's alright.) I was up all night last night praying my heart out for all of us here on Benzo Buddies.

Eileen

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Saying prayers for you (if that's alright.) I was up all night last night praying my heart out for all of us here on Benzo Buddies.

I was too!  (I had a rough couple of nights.) Blessings to you, my friend. ❤

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I was too!  (I had a rough couple of nights.) Blessings to you, my friend. ❤

Thank you with all my heart! So sorry you are suffering so. I never prayed so hard in all my life as I did last night. Prayers that we all heal, and soon.🌄

Eileen

• Love 1