Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

K - water taper

[...]

I am currently doing a water taper to get off of .75 mg of K. I am using 300 ml of water. Removing 1 ml at a time and increasing by 1 ml every day. I got up to 30 ml ( had to hold taper at times) every time I get to 33 ml I am getting w/d. Upper stomach discomfort, nausea,  back tension, some anxiety and feel like crying. I have gone back down to 30 ml twice. I want to make forward progress. Can anyone tell me how to progress or maybe what I am going wrong?  Ok..the tears are falling g and I am feeling afraid that I will be stuck on this med forever. 

@[...].  I’m sorry you keep hitting a speed bump at 30mL (btw that’s a 10% reduction in dose). To help you troubleshoot what might be going on, would you be comfortable providing us with the following  information?

1. I read through your past posts from 2018 and prepared a draft of your medication and taper history.  Would you please make any revisions needed?  
  2. How do you prepare and use your liquid (e.g. do you use 3/4 of a 1mg tablet? do you crush the tablet before adding water? do you shake the liquid well before measuring the amount to discard?)
  3. Do you have a history of taking and stopping other psychotropic medications?  In addition to the Klonopin, what other medications and supplements are you currently taking?
  4. Are you dosing twice a day? Any signs of interdose withdrawal?

Medication, Supplement, and Taper History (draft)

• 2000: started to use Klonopin, 0.5 to 1mg at night for anxiety and sleep (traumatic event)
  • 2006: quit cold turkey when got pregnant
  • 2007: started taking Klonopin again
  • 2014 - 2016: started to increase use due to anxiety and panic attacks; prescribed up to 4mg a day PRN but tried to keep dose at 2-3mg per day; also used ashwaganda, rhodiola
  • 2018: tapered from 3-4mg to 2mg total daily dose (1mg in am; 1mg in pm)
  • 2018-2024:  ???? (when and how did you taper from 2mg to 0.75mg)
Edited by [Li...]
Clarification
  • Like 1