Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

After 9 years of nightly Alprazolam use, I'm almost ready to jump!

[...]

I’ve been tapering from alprazolam since November 2023.  My entire history is on my profile, but in summary:  Before I started my taper, I’d been taking .5 mg. nightly for 8 years prior, only at night to sleep. 

Now I’m at .046 mgs, I know I’m close to jumping.  I’m cutting approximately .0038 mgs from my dosage a week.  Note, my scale isn’t perfectly accurate, so there could be slight variances.

My symptoms are minimal; minor neurologic oddities, and my sleeping (which is what got me into this bind in the first place) is okay.

Maintaining decent sleep is still high priority for me.  I’ve been taking magnesium, valerian, and melatonin an hour before bed for about 6 months, and it seems to have helped.

So here I am, ready to jump.  Right now taking my measly dose is still part of my bedtime ritual.  I’m thinking I need to replace that part of my ritual with something else.  What has worked for you?  Any suggestions?

And besides sleep, is there anything else I need to be mindful of?

Thank you for your insight!

• Like 2

Hi Rock and Roll, thank you for your thoughtful response, and congratulations on your successes as well.  You've been on quite a journey, it is good to see you beating these things.

Correct, I never did more than the one nightly dose.  I had some periods of "weirdness," but never felt a need to split to other multiple doses during the day.  

I will try the praying and meditation, great ideas!

Thanks again, and I wish you continued success as well.  I hope you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.