Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What are your mornings like?

[ry...]

Curious to if others have this experience. Throughout the day I feel more and more normal all the time like I’m going to live a normal life soon. But mornings are insane. I sleep pretty good, but I lay in bed for about 3-4 hours feeling like my heart does not work or a pressure like it’s being squeezed. I can’t move my head when I walk, I’m extremely disoriented and a type of dizziness where it’s hard to use motor skills for a while. My chest and breathing is extremely labored. Anyone else have this issue or how long did it last? Common story? I just want to go about a normal day with even the slightest energy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[r...] said:

Curious to if others have this experience. Throughout the day I feel more and more normal all the time like I’m going to live a normal life soon. But mornings are insane. I sleep pretty good, but I lay in bed for about 3-4 hours feeling like my heart does not work or a pressure like it’s being squeezed. I can’t move my head when I walk, I’m extremely disoriented and a type of dizziness where it’s hard to use motor skills for a while. My chest and breathing is extremely labored. Anyone else have this issue or how long did it last? Common story? I just want to go about a normal day with even the slightest energy.

I am currently experiencing this as well. Mornings are the worst time of day for me. I have the worst anxiety in the mornings. I usually will break up my morning and go for an hour long walk outside which seems to snap me out of it. Mornings are when I experience lethargy with no energy and very tired. I notice it gets better as the day goes on. I think about how I will feel later in the day to help me through the morning.  I was going to post something similar to this as I am having hard mornings. It does seem to go away within 2 weeks to a month I feel good again. Been one week. I find THC will set me in a wave so I will avoid that from now on. 

• Like 1

@[ry...],

Mornings are tough for most people going through withdrawal. Cortisol levels are higher and the fight/flight response is highly activated. I remember these feelings and wishing and hoping I could just have one morning where I could just relax in bed and not feel all the morning ickiness. 

I can’t remember the exact date this resolved, when my laptop died I lost my withdrawal journal. I do remember one day feeling ‘normal’ when I woke up. I was able to sink into my bed and relax and just be. What wonderful feeling, it will come, it just takes time.

• Like 3

Mine are hard too, evenings or after 4pm usually best. but Mornings, are the worst. I am in a setback for 6.5 month now. Last night I took Spinach and today I am not feeling good (learned it is high in Histamine) Wish every body here back to normal morning and enjoy life soon. 

Best 

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

@[ry...],

Mornings are tough for most people going through withdrawal. Cortisol levels are higher and the fight/flight response is highly activated. I remember these feelings and wishing and hoping I could just have one morning where I could just relax in bed and not feel all the morning ickiness. 

I can’t remember the exact date this resolved, when my laptop died I lost my withdrawal journal. I do remember one day feeling ‘normal’ when I woke up. I was able to sink into my bed and relax and just be. What wonderful feeling, it will come, it just takes time.

Yes thank you! That’s an excellent way of explaining it and helps me so much. I sleep great now which is a blessing, but every morning I get jolted awake by the feeling of a heart attack and not breathing. I miss laying in bed and wanting to just stay there relaxed and comfortable.

• Like 2