Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ashton style Valium taper

[Bl...]

Can anyone who’s tapered this way speak on how it went for them? I see so many doing microtapering of some sort,and that’s not going to be an option for me…my pdoc is….very forceful I do things his way. When I mentioned the Ashton Manuel he rolled his eyes,but I think I got him to agree to it-unless he changes his mind-which he has a tendency to do. And suggestions at finding another dr tho appreciated don’t help-I haven’t lived here long enough to make a good long term relationships with even a pcp because my insurance changed to them on me like 5 times in a year and a half.

I did the Ashton Valium taper. I was only on 5mg as my highest dose for four years. The taper was fine, I didn't notice it at all. 

After I stopped entirely I didn't feel bad, mood got better quickly, memory improved fast etc.

However a month later, memory is fuzzy again, I've got nerve pain in my legs, ups and downs with mood but mostly ups. It wasn't that bad honestly, worst part is the nerve pain third month out and my memory. I expect it to improve going forward :)

I hope it works out well for you :)

• Like 2