Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wave or tolerance

[An...]

I have been holding for 13 weeks, I had around 2 weeks were I felt really good, but I feel like I’ve just cut. 
I am holding on 10 mgs 

and I cut 1.25 mgs every 2-3 weeks is this a wave or tolerance do I keep holding or keep cutting 

Edited by [An...]

6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I have been holding for 13 weeks, I had around 2 weeks were I felt really good, but I feel like I’ve just cut. 
I am holding on 10 mgs 

and I cut 1.25 mgs every 2-3 weeks is this a wave or tolerance do I keep holding or keep cutting 

Sounds like tolerance. When I was tapering I learned to hold until I felt better then cut again. 

• Like 2

How soon after the day you felt better did you taper again usually @eng101?  I haven't tapered after just one day, but usually around 2 days, but then I haven't held as long as 13 weeks on a dose either.  I'm wondering about what you said mainly because I don't want to be holding if it's actually tolerance.  Will you explain tolerance a little further?

The only thing I believe I understand about TW is that it's when the dose is no longer effective anyway, and a person would (if not doing or even thinking of tapering) need to go up in a dose that would be effective, or, start seeing how bad things can turn if a person is in TW and want to taper.  :hug:

Also, to @[An...], I'm sorry I don't know more about Tolerance Withdrawal, but the thought also crossed my mind that maybe you expect to feel "normal" before you taper again.  That's never happened for me, so far in my 18 months of tapering.  I just "feel" stable "enough" to handle another taper that has always ramped up my wd sxs again.  Can I face that, I have to decide before I go ahead.

Having said that, this last taper is going so amazingly so far, no ramping up of sxs at all.  I did change from my 5% taper each time I tapered, down to 3% as the 5% got too be too much, oregonlady ~ denise :hug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

How soon after the day you felt better did you taper again usually @eng101?  I haven't tapered after just one day, but usually around 2 days, but then I haven't held as long as 13 weeks on a dose either.  I'm wondering about what you said mainly because I don't want to be holding if it's actually tolerance.  Will you explain tolerance a little further?

The only thing I believe I understand about TW is that it's when the dose is no longer effective anyway, and a person would (if not doing or even thinking of tapering) need to go up in a dose that would be effective, or, start seeing how bad things can turn if a person is in TW and want to taper.  :hug:

Also, to @[An...], I'm sorry I don't know more about Tolerance Withdrawal, but the thought also crossed my mind that maybe you expect to feel "normal" before you taper again.  That's never happened for me, so far in my 18 months of tapering.  I just "feel" stable "enough" to handle another taper that has always ramped up my wd sxs again.  Can I face that, I have to decide before I go ahead.

Having said that, this last taper is going so amazingly so far, no ramping up of sxs at all.  I did change from my 5% taper each time I tapered, down to 3% as the 5% got too be too much, oregonlady ~ denise :hug:

Makes me so happy reading your taper  going so well Denise. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Sure, mid June I had my last cut, July 24 I felt really good, I could sleep, I could eat, I could function anxiety was nearly non existent, still there but not the worst. I had 2 amazing weeks, then I hit a brick wall again on sep 1st, I also believe this is tolerance, I’m glad you cut as soon as you feel good. I will cut in the next week. Wishing you well

Edited by [An...]