Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Nerve pain now

[Kr...]

Have the stabbing, shooting nerve pain worse than ever. I can hardly walk. It goes from my back, hip and thigh just squeezing and pricking. It’s also in my lower abdomen and feels like going into my groin.

i see people getting better and improving and I feel like I’m going backwards. And the pain is forcing me to moan and curse. 

There is no joy or direction and I want out tbh.

went to doctor today and she mentioned a nerve block. I’m terrified of that. I don’t even know what they would use/do.

Too depressed and in pain to look it up right now.

How long has this been going on?  I've had episodes of this, too.  It subsides again.  Are you able to wait longer to see if this will ease off?  I'm so sorry something new has cropped up, but it may just go away again.

This happens to me as well, my ankles, shins and over all legs have so much nerve pain and other things I can't describe that it's unreal. Makes me curse as well and feel awful overall. Doesn't let me sleep at all either. 

Sometimes small walks help ease this sxs, if you can maybe walk around in your house a little it might give some relief. I find moving around helps take the edge off, but nothing too crazy. 

I got so desperate I took 100-300mg of gabapentin to help. My neurologist suggested it and I refused because I don't want to touch the stuff, but it's so unbearable I take it as needed, it works. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, [[F...] said:

How long has this been going on?  I've had episodes of this, too.  It subsides again.

Same as far as it subsides,  but this episode has been excruciating.  I have a very high pain tolerance and this had me screaming and wanting to just not be here.

8 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Sometimes small walks help ease this sxs, if you can maybe walk around in your house a little it might give some relief. I find moving around helps take the edge off, but nothing too crazy. 

I got so desperate I took 100-300mg of gabapentin to help. My neurologist suggested it and I refused because I don't want to touch the stuff, but it's so unbearable I take it as needed, it works. 

Walking and movement does help usually, but this time I was unable to stand for a few days without shooting pains.

And yes, the gabapentin does help. I just started taking a low dose yesterday. I'm able to walk again today.

I swore I would not take any meds again, but when your screaming in pain and want to die and can't move because of the pain...it was a no brainer to try and get some relief.

I get other nerve pain in different areas too, they are kind of flaring up but only last for a second.

I think a good part of this if not all is from BIND. It's absolutely insane that this is possible from psych med injury. But it is.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Walking and movement does help usually, but this time I was unable to stand for a few days without shooting pains.

And yes, the gabapentin does help. I just started taking a low dose yesterday. I'm able to walk again today.

I swore I would not take any meds again, but when your screaming in pain and want to die and can't move because of the pain...it was a no brainer to try and get some relief.

I get other nerve pain in different areas too, they are kind of flaring up but only last for a second.

I think a good part of this if not all is from BIND. It's absolutely insane that this is possible from psych med injury. But it is.

I'm glad you were able to find RELIEF! That's great news!

I did the same exact thing you described. I only took the gabapentin because this nerve pain is so bad and also swore of meds for good. In this case though it's worth taking I feel. The pain is so awful as you said :(

I find that taking it "as needed" for the nerve pain works well and will be easier to just stop taking once the nerve pain is gone. 

Good point about BIND! I'm glad as well, can't imagine living day to day with this nerve pain. I've dealt with endometriosis, double jaw surgery, and some serious pain, but this nerve thing truly is BAD!