Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

1 month off benzos

[5e...]

[5e...]

Hi! I got off benzos about a month ago after several and severe failed attempts. I just want to say that our nervous system recovers. I know that many of you are scared and think that you will never recover, I'm another one of thousands saying "it's not true". Believe me when I tell you that I thought I would die or have a permanent psychotic feeling, everything fades away until it becomes imperceptible or we no longer care as much or it obsesses us as before. You just have to hold on to corroborate it.

I wish you the best, never give up.

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Hi! I got off benzos about a month ago after several and severe failed attempts. I just want to say that our nervous system recovers. I know that many of you are scared and think that you will never recover, I'm another one of thousands saying "it's not true". Believe me when I tell you that I thought I would die or have a permanent psychotic feeling, everything fades away until it becomes imperceptible or we no longer care as much or it obsesses us as before. You just have to hold on to corroborate it.

Congratulations on your successful escape from benzos.  It was nice reading your positive and encouraging message to the BB community.

• Like 3

[5e...]
6 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Congratulations on your successful escape from benzos.  It was nice reading your positive and encouraging message to the BB community.

@[Ro...] I really appreciate your comment, thank you!

This is great to hear @[be...], I'm happy for you and thankful you told us your story, because you're right, too many don't believe we recover, but we do! :yippee:

• Like 2

[5e...]
17 hours ago, [[P...] said:

This is great to hear @[be...], I'm happy for you and thankful you told us your story, because you're right, too many don't believe we recover, but we do! :yippee:

Recovery is real! Thank you for your kind comment. :smitten:

Edited by Guest

Thank you SO much for sharing that! I am SO happy for you!! You said you had several severe failed attempts ? I just had 2 since April and I'm feeling just how you described about it. Do you have any advise about how you tried again and it worked ? I really want off so bad I feel guilty for going back up so I can stand it Idk how long to stay here before trying again or how not to fear it being so severe when I do .. any words of wisdom would be appreciated! Ty! I hope you continue to feel better & better! 💖🌻💖

• Like 1

[5e...]
17 hours ago, [[j...] said:

So happy that you have finished benzos and are recovering.   Thanks for the encouraging words!

thanks!!!! :smitten:

On 28/09/2024 at 11:42, [[b...] said:

There are no exact recipes, each body is unique. I can tell you that it is a long process, reducing very little and listening to one's own body. When you manage to stabilize yourself in a dose reduction, you must breathe and continue to go down. If symptoms are very unbearable, return to the previous dose and reevaluate how much is to be reduced. Each stage should have its own reduction of no more than 5% to make it more tolerable. It is a hyperbolic way of lowering concentration. Lower and hold on until you feel better, it doesn't matter if it's 2 months or 1 year in each reduction. Time must be taken out of the equation. Don't feel guilty about having to back down, leave the blame to those who didn't warn you about this drug. Treat yourself well, speak well to yourself, be kind to your whole being. Force yourself to eat, to hydrate, to walk, even if it all seems in vain. One day you're going to see that it wasn't. The body recovers, every cell has homeostasis, it is an indivisible property of life.

That's what I did: I reduced the dose as slowly and as low as I could. I held out each time as long as it took until I felt ready to do it again. I forced myself to eat, drink and walk. I took magnesium, omega 3 and b12. I stopped reading fatalistic comments and following fatalistic doctors. I was very patient, careful and I gave in to the pain and fear. It was worth it.

Did you try water taper? It consists of making a suspension in water and removing a small part with a syringe (and holding on to that dose, not lowering it every day as many do!). It is an effective way to reduce doses of small pills.

Thank you so much for your insight! When you say water taper do you mean a liquid suspension from a compound pharmacy? Or doing it myself ? Do you know where I could find info on that ? 

[5e...]
2 hours ago, [[v...] said:

SO happy for you!! Yes to believing & most importantly doing the inner work!!

Thank you 💖💖

20 hours ago, [[b...] said:

I'm referring to a liquid suspension that you make yourself with pills and water.
I'll send you a video of how to do it, but based on my experience I don't recommend microdosing every day, it's better to cut and hold on.

There are reliability problems associated 'home brew' liquids. They are mostly not solutions. And suspensions are very hit or miss. Some manage to make it work for them, but it appears that obtaining a reliable dose is problematic for some. It is probably worth a try for others, but I think grinding up the pill and using scales is generally a more reliable approach. I stress again, though, mileage varies and liquids work for some.

• Like 1

Congrats @[be...] and ty for sharing. Continued healing and good health to you.

Like you, I also prefer the cut-and-hold method.

• Like 1

On 01/10/2024 at 17:55, [[b...] said:

I'm referring to a liquid suspension that you make yourself with pills and water.
I'll send you a video of how to do it, but based on my experience I don't recommend microdosing every day, it's better to cut and hold on.

Thank you!! 💗🙏

• Love 1

It’s spectacular how quickly you recovered!! My utmost congratulation to you. And thank you so much for sharing your story. Much love🥰🥰

On 25/09/2024 at 07:12, [[G...] said:

Are you still recovering? What helps you?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [oc...]
    • [Id...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ra...]
    • [BN...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [ka...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Th...]
    • [bi...]