Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross Taper to Valium

[Vo...]

A month or two ago I started to cross taper from 1mg 3x daily Klonopin to Valium equivalents somewhat according to the Ashton Manual. I have made it to .5mg Klonopin AM .5mg Klonopin Afternoon .10mg Valium at bedtime. I don’t feel too bad but my depression is truly horrible and fatigue is very noticeable. Has anyone else experienced debilitating depression switching to Valium? Or is this just the taper process? My anxiety isn’t that bad it’s just a hopeless state of depression. Thanks for any help. 

Depression is a very well known side effect of Valium. Many people crossing over reports depression. Hopefully it will settle down a bit once you’re fully crossed. 

Thanks. The depression is way worse than Klonopin. Is that a known issue that Valium causes greater depression than Klonopin?