Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Setback after 7,5 years

[in...]

I never ever ever thought I'd be back, complaining about symptoms I had years ago but here I am.  

I had to use Xanax for 4 months in 2016 because of antibiotic induced panic attacks. My withdrawal took very long and I had setback along the way not knowing better. I've been living a great life for the past 3-4 years, traveling the world by myself, drinking coffee, working, going to concerts by myself, until 2 months ago when I tried Ashwagandha for 5 days and hell broke loose. I am back with intense muscle pain, panic attacks, heart racing, muscle twitching, all kinds of things. 

Please be aware of anything that might trigger GABA.. I researched every single ingredient, tried to eat as clean as possible until I tried this shit of a herb that I stupidly didn't research at all. 

Are you taking anything else now?  What is your nutrition like because foods/drink can also ramp up symptoms, although I don't know what it's like for anyone that is off the benzos as I still have maybe 7 months I'm thinking, to go on my taper.  I'm glad you are here, and I'm sure you'll get more help from those that are living benzo-free now, oregonlady ~ denise :hug:

Ohhh yeah i heard this before from someone. Yes it's a GABA induced supplement.. I tried it in acute but didn't get any effects. Now I'm glad i didn't. 

Such a f****g disaster for you! 

I think time wise it won't take as long to get better as the last time.. I'm reading a couple of these posts now and then and they mostly stop posting rather quickly. This can mean they get better and don't need us anymore. 

Let's hope that's what will happen to you.

Take care.

• Like 1

@[in...]Yes, ashwagandha can cause a setback.  You will get through this.  There is someone else on the forum that has gone through the same thing.   Her setback lasted a few weeks.

Edited by [de...]

@[in...] All of the above can contribute to a setback, including stress and environment. Our systems are so sensitive and with time and age our bodies change. Maybe test your food, drink, supplements, toothpaste, lotions, soaps etc.

Keep a journal and isolate them to see how your system reacts.

Hope this helps.

Are there particular foods that affect gaba that you would specificly avoid? Even some healthy foods like broccoli apparently affect gaba.