Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Seeing Halos around Street Lights and Starbursts

[te...]

Dear Benzo Buddies,

I'm new here.

Thank you so very much for your work on this site. 

Unfortunately I'm suffering a lot from multiple different side effects, tapering from Clonozepam. Currently holding the dose. I'm sure I have bind already.

Sorry if this isn't written very well, I'm just so tired and anxious.

I just wanted to ask if anyone saw Halos around Street Lights and Starbursts around car headlights and if so did they ever go away.

I really appreciate your time, this is really upsetting me.

Terranova x

• Like 1

Hi, @[te...], welcome to BenzoBuddies! Thank you for the kind words! We're glad you've found us.

I'm so sorry for your suffering and think i can imagine what it feels like. Please hang in there. This condition is supposed to be temporary, although it can be really hard to live through the time.

I personally haven't seen halos or anything like that but i'm sure there are folks here who must have had this symptom too. Benzo induced sensations vary and can be pretty weird but it should all go away one day.

Could you, please, share a bit more details on your benzo history? What exactly, how long and much etc? This way we'll be able to support you better. Good luck to you!)

• Like 1

Hi Kate, thank you so much for you kind words of support. Il do a bit more about my situation tomorrow if that's ok. I'm so tired ATM. 

• Like 1

Hi, @[te...]! Yes, I've experienced many vision issues while i was tapering off clomazapam. It really scared me because it was so strange but, in the end - nothing! It's seems impossible that wd from a drug could be this powerful but it was. I'm a year out from my last dose and, regarding my eyesight, I'm pretty normal now. Go check your eyes out anyway. All the best!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Hi, @[te...]! Yes, I've experienced many vision issues while i was tapering off clomazapam. It really scared me because it was so strange but, in the end - nothing! It's seems impossible that wd from a drug could be this powerful but it was. I'm a year out from my last dose and, regarding my eyesight, I'm pretty normal now. Go check your eyes out anyway. All the best!!!

Thank you so much Bulldog. That gives me hope x

• Love 1

2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Go check your eyes out anyway

Yes. You don’t want to screw around with your eyes. Rule out Glaucoma.

• Like 1

Gosh yes, that’s a perfect description of what I went though, freaked me out until I got checked - nothing wrong with my eyes at all, it was something to do with the small eye muscles and nerves reacting to the change in dosage (I was on v). It started to improve as I reduced and now I’m off I don’t have it at all. 

• Like 2

On 23/09/2024 at 11:51, [[O...] said:

Gosh yes, that’s a perfect description of what I went though, freaked me out until I got checked - nothing wrong with my eyes at all, it was something to do with the small eye muscles and nerves reacting to the change in dosage (I was on v). It started to improve as I reduced and now I’m off I don’t have it at all. 

Thank you so much for getting back to me X gives me hope. I noticed a few people on here say that they had them and the were permenant, and it really scared me.

1 minute ago, [[t...] said:

Thank you so much for getting back to me X gives me hope. I noticed a few people on here say that they had them and the were permenant, and it really scared me.

Do you think it could also be neurological?

11 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Pretty common. Should subside. If this is among the worst of the taper, you’re pretty darn lucky. Congrats. 

Hi. Thanks for replying. I'm getting so many issues unfortunately. This one just freaked me out a lot.