Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New Diagnosis

Well I'm back its been 

Well over a month I have been in hospital again, this time because I went into paralysis down my left side what I thought was a stroke, had a CT scan and MRI they ruled it out my brain didn't show anything abnormal thank goodness, But the pain and weakness, lingered the neurologist diagnosed me with Fnd a functional neurological disorder that effects the nervous system unfortunately the signals get confused and don't make it to were its ment to go there is no cure but I can go into periods of remission, stress is the main cause plus infections 

Migraine 

Tremors 

Facial spasms 

Tics 

Numbness 

Weakness of limbs 

Fatigue 

IBS 

Paralysis 

Non-epileptic seizures 

Some of the symptoms there are many more but most of what I have had this last month, on the bright side my WDs have eased off a little well lol I have other crap symptoms to deal with every day still getting sweats and palpitations feeling of going all hot the anxiety has calmed down my ears are still ringing, I have been out several times with aid off a crutch which I am using, feels strange like my left side is not wanting to co-operate with my right at the moment can be frustrating, having to rely more on others to help more felt like I have put on them enough, I do feel very grateful to my family, 

I read your history @[...], and although I’m not familiar with your diagnosis, I can tell you that I have experienced all the symptoms you have listed above in acute benzo withdrawal. All symptoms but the Paralysis. It does appear taking benzodiazepines eventually became much more of the problem, than the problem solver it was originally intended. 

I’m so sorry you ended up in this situation… and for the losses along the way. 🫂

I hope your symptoms continue to ease 

Wishing you a speedy recovery! 

Saying many prayers for you. 🎑 I have prayed desperately for myself during  4+ years of psych med withdrawal, and it truly seems a miracle that I am still alive. And living without any type of drug. I'm not dancing jigs or turning somersaults, but I am basically alright.

So, I WILL pray for you (if that's okay?) 🌷

• Like 2

Thank you for your replies it's been alot to get my head around aswell as going through WDs it's another battle, I haven't come this far to throw in the towel, even on my bad days I give myself a shake to say come on look at what you have, I do feel blessed to have a wonderful partner and family and plus I don't think I got through most the dark days without 

Buddies🥰