Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trigger sensitivity

[Lo...]

I really can’t live a full life like this as I have to avoid seeing anyone much as there’s always something that can set me off and no coping techniques work with this yes I try cbt and calming my nervous system but it’s a very strong chemical reaction that I can’t prevent I’m even aware of it happening as I always think oh no I’m triggered again , it’s like here we go again how long is it going to take for my brain to unhook it this time . It’s so exhausting and I didn’t have any of these symptoms before withdrawal 

please does this resolve ?? 

Edited by [Lo...]

Hi @[Lo...], I'm not sure where you are in your journey, are you benzo free or still tapering?  If you'll go to your profile and hit edit, you'll be given a chance to fill in your history for other members so we won't have to keep asking you.

Full recovery can happen and when it does all of these symptoms go away, all of them, it happened for me and it can happen for you.  Yes, we're a mess when going through this, we can't think right, we're unable to handle any stress and the intrusive thoughts beat us up on a daily basis but when we recover, we return to who we were.  Its hard to believe I know but you'll be you again. 

• Like 2