Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Horrible head symptoms getting worse!

[je...]

Hi, ever since I cut my last dose down to .33mg of Valium, my terrible head symptoms like squeezing and severe tinnitus have been getting worse each day. My head has so much pressure like a balloon, its going to explode along with intense pressure and  tingling in my feet. My tinnitus is catastrophic. The tingling burning is unbearable

Has anyone experienced this? I get increased intensity in symptoms after taking each dose and I am afraid to take it. Why am I getting worse every day now? I feel like I'm in tolerance or have I kindled? I don't know what to do. Very discouraged, could use some hope.

jewels

Edited by [je...]

22 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi, ever since I cut my last dose down to .23mg of Valium, my terrible head symptoms like squeezing and severe tinnitus have been getting worse each day. My head has so much pressure like a balloon, its going to explode along with intense pressure and  tingling in my feet. My tinnitus is catastrophic. The tingling burning is unbearable

Has anyone experienced this? I get increased intensity in symptoms after taking each dose and I am afraid to take it. Why am I getting worse every day now? I feel like I'm in tolerance or have I kindled? I don't know what to do. Very discouraged, could use some hope.

jewels

That dose of Valium isn't doing anything but continuing to aggravate your CNS. That would explain your instability. In my opinion, you need to stop the Valium altogether now. I agree with your doctor (whom you mentioned in another post.)

@[Ch...] thanks, did you ever experience these symptoms? It is known that its never good to taper or jump when unstable having bad symptoms. Things will only be worse.

Edited by [je...]

Just now, [[j...] said:

@[Ch...] thanks, did you ever experience these symptoms? devastated

Yes, of course I did! I tapered 60mg of Valium...What I can tell you is that it all improves once you are completely off. You are not doing yourself any favors by hanging on to such a tiny dose.

Just now, [[j...] said:

@[Ch...]wow, 60mg of valium, thats crazy. How long did you taper? What were your symptoms? 

I tapered for 18 months.

13 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

It is known that its never good to taper or jump when unstable having bad symptoms. Things will only be worse.

48 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I get increased intensity in symptoms after taking each dose and I am afraid to take it. Why am I getting worse every day now? I feel like I'm in tolerance

This does not apply to .23mg of Valium! You are only aggravating your CNS at this point. You would be best served by stopping the Valium now, just as one of your doctors wisely advised you. Even you have said you feel like you're in tolerance. Holding does not help that - getting off does.

@[Ch...]yeah but if I can't handle a 5% dose reduction, how can I handle jumping right now? It will be worse off won't it? What was your worst symptom? Do you think I am in tolerance?

Edited by [je...]

7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

@[Ch...]yeah but if I can't handle a 5% dose reduction, how can I handle jumping right now? It will be worse off won't it? What was your worst symptom? Do you think I am in tolerance?

If I recall correctly, you've been tapering Valium for 2.5 years. You are already well below the safe stopping dose of .5mg. No, there is no good reason I can give you to keep spinning out this taper. Do you want to stay on or get off? It's perfectly safe for you to get off now. I hope you will. Keep us updated.

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Hi, ever since I cut my last dose down to .23mg of Valium, my terrible head symptoms like squeezing and severe tinnitus have been getting worse each day. My head has so much pressure like a balloon, its going to explode along with intense pressure and  tingling in my feet. My tinnitus is catastrophic. The tingling burning is unbearable

jewels

I have had all + of it caused by benzo tolerance as i think. I also been kindled. I'm really terribly sorry for you because absolutely know what it feels like. Just hopelessly horrible.

To my greatest surprise, these head sensations got noticeably better at the very end of my taper but i had still a long way ahead then. I feel much better now, although certainly not completely healed and yet. Unfortunately, just don't know how to relieve such symptoms straight away but 100% sure they'll subside over time. 

Sounds like that small dose isn't doing you any good.

The head symptoms can hang around for a long time, but do go away.

Check your blood pressure.

I agree with @[Ch...]., Your dose is so low I doubt it is having any effect at this stage. Are you taking any other medications or supplements? Have you been through a stressful time lately? There might be other explanations for your symptoms. 

@[...]thanks for your response. How long have you been off? I didn't have any of these symptoms before my taper crash due to steroid. I was stable at .34, .35mg doses but at .33mgs everything has exploded. This morning I had terrible body pressure, and continued excruciating tinnitus scary.  Do you think I should go back to previous dose, stablize snd then jump. I am scared to death to jump at this dose this unstable. Any advice would be appreciated.

jewels

Edited by [je...]

@[...]@[je...] Thanks for your response. It is very low dose and I stablized at .34mg ok so I don't understand. Had none of these symptoms before my taper crash.😔

BP is always low. Nope, not on any other meds. I feel to unstable at this dose to jump, scared to death. Tapering or jumping from unstable place only makes things worse.

jewels

Edited by [je...]
spelled

I read all the time about small doses triggering wd symptoms. I also experienced it from time to time..

It's also very common that symptoms get more serious as doses getting smaller..

Good luck.

It might be a wave related to already entering PAWS. I know technically it’s only when you’re fully off, but who knows when the drug stops working? It might also be something completely unrelated to withdrawal. That happened to me - I started experiencing symptoms one week after I jumped and because it coincided with my jump and my symptoms later got worse I thought it was withdrawal but it wasn’t. When I got the correct medical diagnosis my symptoms quickly settled down. There could be many different explanations for your symptoms. I think we’re trying to say your dose is so low we don’t feel it’s related to the cut. 
When did you have the steroid crash?

If you don’t want to jump then I just want to suggest to not updose please. I’ve seen this happen before. Updosing in my opinion is the worst decision you can make at such a low dose as it doesn’t seem to work and then you’re stuck in pain at a higher dose. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [[j...] said:

@[...]thanks for your response. How long have you been off? I didn't have any of these symptoms before my taper crash due to steroid. I was stable at .34, .35mg doses but at .33mgs everything has exploded. This morning I had terrible body pressure, and continued excruciating tinnitus scary.  Do you think I should go back to previous dose, stablize snd then jump. I am scared to death to jump at this dose this unstable. Any advice would be appreciated.

jewels

I'm 17+ months off benzo. My head pressure and pain started long before tapering and it was most unbearable exactly when in tolerance. That's why i wanted to come off benzo as soon as possible and tapered without properly stabilising ever. 

I guess steroid could have had smth to do with your taper crash. I know by my own experience how vulnerable our nervous system is when affected by benzo. 

As for up-dosing and stabilising, i'm not sure. I never did anything of that kind while tapering myself and felt close to stabilising first time at the very end of the process all of a sudden. I think i absolutely agree with @[je...].

• Like 1