Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Down to .16 Clonazepam. Anxiety definitely lower but insomnia worse?

[Ma...]

I have always attributed some of the anxiety/panic feelings I have had to be associated with poor sleep, because there always seemed to be a direct correlation.  Lately, my sleep has just been “meh”, like 5-6 hours on a great night.  But I don’t feel panicked/anxious the next day like I had, and my blood pressure isn’t spiking out of control. And generally, I’ve still been pretty functional despite the lack of zzzz’s. I slept like crap last night but just did a bunch of errands and went to the gym and feel pretty good.  I’m down to .16 Clonazepam right now.  Curious how others anxiety and insomnia was at the lower levels.  I feel like my symptoms could be indicative of some healing but don’t want to get ahead of myself.  

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I have always attributed some of the anxiety/panic feelings I have had to be associated with poor sleep, because there always seemed to be a direct correlation.  Lately, my sleep has just been “meh”, like 5-6 hours on a great night.  But I don’t feel panicked/anxious the next day like I had, and my blood pressure isn’t spiking out of control. And generally, I’ve still been pretty functional despite the lack of zzzz’s. I slept like crap last night but just did a bunch of errands and went to the gym and feel pretty good.  I’m down to .16 Clonazepam right now.  Curious how others anxiety and insomnia was at the lower levels.  I feel like my symptoms could be indicative of some healing but don’t want to get ahead of myself.  

Hi Matt,

I think it's a good sign that your anxiety/panic has reduced as you go lower.  Many experience heightened anxiety as their taper progresses.  In my case, I experienced a low level of anxiety throughout my taper.  It was hard to distinguish it from my pre-existing anxiety.

I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing insomnia.  I didn't have insomnia per se, but I did (and still do) experience fatigue, possibly as a result of lack of quality sleep.  I'd typically get 7 hours of sleep in, but still feel tired the next day.  Lack of restorative sleep, I think.

Good to see you so low on your dosage.  You're almost there!

I'd continue exercising as that can promote good sleep.

• Like 1

Hi @[Ma...]

I’m down to about 1.35mg diazepam, and have definitely improved as my dose has decreased. It’s a very clear improvement. I can still become agitated and/or triggered into mental/emotional entanglements that can overstimulate and send my autonomic nervous system surging, however, it’s now down to about 10% of what I experienced at higher doses. I now experience moments of pure happiness. As I said…  the improvement is absolutely undeniable. 

I consider myself very lucky, as I know it’s not the case for everyone.  

• Love 2

1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

Hi @[Ma...]

I’m down to about 1.35mg diazepam, and have definitely improved as my dose has decreased. It’s a very clear improvement. I can still become agitated and/or triggered into mental/emotional entanglements that can overstimulate and send my autonomic nervous system surging, however, it’s now down to about 10% of what I experienced at higher doses. I now experience moments of pure happiness. As I said…  the improvement is absolutely undeniable. 

I consider myself very lucky, as I know it’s not the case for everyone.  

At what point in your taper would you say you started to notice those positive changes?  

13 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

At what point in your taper would you say you started to notice those positive changes?  

That’s a very difficult question to answer.

I think the best I can say is - I guess I started improving once I really stabilised at 6.5mg and began tapering at a sensible rate. However, I don’t think I ever really acknowledged I had been improving until I recognised the suffering had decreased to the point where it no longer consumed the majority of my time and energy. 

• Like 1