Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Normal TSH and free T4 but low T3.

[fu...]

First, I am not interpreting anything here as professional medical advice and I am still to see a doctor for this. I don't know about any benzowise doctors around here so that's why I created the thread.

I am practically presenting all the symptoms of hypothyroidism. When I tried a small dose of levotyroxine I felt so bad, so anxious.

My TSH is at 4 mui/L, T4 is at 1.4ng/dL and T3 is at 91ng/dL.

Fatigue is tough. Is there anything that someone here takes for increasing T3 that is not levotyroxine?

Can it mess with the taper or make symptoms worse?

I am not sure if I can take ALCAR due to being polydrugged and the renal excretion competition between drugs.

TIA.

Hi bud. The T in t4/t3 stands for tyrosine (which is an aminoacid) and the number 4 and 3 in t4/t3 is the number of iodine atoms. You could try to increase your tyrosine intake and increase your intake of salt with iodine. I have found when I took to much iodine by suppliment alone, that within 2 weeks my t3 got alot higher and it made my symptoms 5 times worse. 

I believe if you don't overdue it like i did with iodine you should be fine. I had to decrease my iodine suppliment from 800 mcg to about 400 mcg. I feel alot better than before i started on iodine, but also better now before i overdid it on iodine. But the 800 mcg iodine was to much for me, the 400 mcg ekstra feels alot better. Free t3 speeds up everything in the body. So a smaller/moderate increase in t3 should be fine. But you will know if your t3 gets way to high, because you will fell like you are on speed. You need to experiment or find someone who can guide you on how much ekstra iodine to use. You could try to increase your tyrosine intake also.

Sorry for the extensive reply, but I wanted to make sure i got it right.

Have as great a day as you can.

Hi, @[fu...]. Have you been diagnosed with hypothyroidism for sure? I've had this endocrine disorder for a long time and been taking euthyrox, the same levotyroxine but for me, it causes less side effects. When i was in benzo tolerance and tapering, these hormones level varied too much at times. I tried increasing euthyrox dose but it was just awful, so i did nothing. Odd but the level even out on its own eventually. Just for you to know that it can happen.

I think the advice of @[Le...] may be good but first it's better to check your condition with endocrinologists. Please, tell us what your doctor will say.