Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lost and Found

I’m not going to go into the details of my benzo journey. I will link my Success Story and the bottom of my post.

Like others, I was lost until I found this forum. Here I was going about my daily life without a lot of abnormal stress. Next came symptoms, misdiagnosis and benzos. 

One thing I will say is that I attained a lot of personal growth from this very awful withdrawal experience. Let me also say that I was pretty fearful of the internet. We had one the first home computers and I somehow got on a sketchy site and didn’t want to repeat that. 

After my jump off I make copious use of Google. I found 2 forums and read incessantly. I was relieved to find out I wasn’t alone. One forum,  not BB, seemed to treat members disrespectfully. I appreciated the security @[Co...] implemented. So I joined.

I connected with people who understood what I was going through. We supported each other, had pity parties together and shared daily successes and failures. I know I’ll omit someone but I thank these buddies for their support, @[Sc...], @[...], @[...], @[Wi...], @[Ja...], @[Pe...], @[ja...] and many others.

I was thrilled when I was asked to be a team member, I wanted to give back to this community that helped me. Now remember, I wasn’t hired for my technical skills! 🙄 I learned a lot, with a little help from my friends. I’ll share one funny instance. I used to work on my laptop, eating meals and snacks at the same time. One day I decided to vacuum up the crumbs and actually vacuumed up a couple of keys. I came running to our tech gurus and I’m sure they were busting a gut laughing so hard. They told me where to get new keys. I ended up going through the vacuum bags and finding the keys, cleaning them and reattaching them. Whew! 😄

So, this journey can be challenging but healing is there, good things can come from a terrible experience. Recovery is possible!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I see your posts and comments all the time and am taken aback with how nice, supportive and understanding you are!  I too have been through WD twice, my first was benzo WD, and my most recent is AD WD.  I’m 14 months my AD and over 4 years off my benzo, but still pretty sick.

Your success story was very inspirational as well as this most recent post and I thank you for those!  

• Like 1

You are very welcome @[Rh...]. I know I clung to stories that gave me hope and motivation to accept this journey. Knowing others have gone on to heal is really important, especially when still on the weeds of withdrawal. I wish you good healing!