Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stuck

[Lo...]

Does the paranoia , fear , ocd really go away or are we stuck with it forever ? I just need to know , if this is me forever I just don’t know what life I can possibly have . Back in a wave after coping abit better , I feel like this may be it for me with these symptoms . I can’t possibly live a full life with paranoia , ocd , rummination constant flash back memories and anxiety as well as the physical electrical burning 

Edited by [Lo...]
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Does the paranoia , fear , ocd really go away or are we stuck with it forever ? I just need to know , if this is me forever I just don’t know what life I can possibly have . Back in a wave after coping abit better , I feel like this may be it for me with these symptoms . I can’t possibly live a full life with paranoia , ocd , rummination constant flash back memories and anxiety as well as the physical electrical burning 

@[Lo...] i definitely think you can work on these things. Can you afford a therapist? I have been doing trauma therapy and EMDR and its transformational. If not the holistic psychologist on instagram has some amazing self therapy books and online content. 

Paranoia, fear, ocd are outcomes of your mind trying to manage underlying issues. I just went through a period of WD where I had terrible monophobia and I was fucking terrified of everything (I'm the most out going adventurous person before this) I has so much terror and fear it was unbearable. I have been using hypnosis (self guided) and therapy in my session two weeks we uncovered and processed a trauma memory in EMDR and now it's been worked on I haven't felt scared since. 

I think WD really plays on underlying traumas and the brain acts differently because of this. It's like the things that scared my brain in the past that it try's to not focus on become amplified in WD because of all the horrible physical symptoms. My brain could handle repressing the rubbish stuff when my body felt safe and fine. Now WD has made my body a scary place to be it makes the head stuff worse. So my brain is over reacting to everything. 

But also wanted to add that we will heal. Every member on here says time will heal us all. Thousands of success stories prove this too.

I definitely have some stuff to work on that was there before WD and I need to clear. The WD will heal in time. 

I didn’t have any of these issues prior to withdrawal , thank you though for your response . I did try therapy it made it worse , honestly a few weeks back it all dialled down and I was having windows 

I had a dispute with a family member and it ramped up again , it was something out of my control so I couldn’t even avoid it