Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Congratulations on 20 years!

[de...]

It is no small feat to keep a peer support forum relevant, meaningful and helpful for 20 years!    Colin, thanks for your vision, dedication and tireless work.   I know you have had a team of people help you throughout the years, but without you, Benzo Buddies would not exist.    This forum has helped countless number of people in their journey to discontinue benzo use and the aftermath that follows.    To say that this forum has saved numerous lives is not hyperbole; it is the truth!     I hope this forum continues to remain at the forefront of the benzo recovery community!   

Personally, I am so grateful for the help I have received from this forum!   It has been, and continues to be, instrumental in my recovery!    

Edited by [de...]
  • Love 5

Wow, I couldn't have said it better @[de...]  Thanks for the heads-up on a 20 year anniversary for the site. I am so grateful for BB, and just "second" everything you said here, oregonlady ~ denise

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hi @[de...]

Thank you for your kind words (you too, @[or...]).

I've said many time before - and I mean it - it is the efforts of all the whole team and all members which makes it work.

I think peer support is the only way a community like this can work well, else there is severe burnout. I've seen it happen elsewhere, causing communities to close. Besides, none of us has a monopoly on ideas, thoughts and suggestions, no matter for how long we have been doing this. Since we vary so much as individuals, and our particular situations are unique, it takes the whole group to properly support fellow members.

• Like 2

I would like to extend my congratulations to @[Co...] and everyone involved in the team’s work until now, as well as to the members who have helped to maintain this wonderful community. It is difficult to find words how valuable this Forum is; it has likely helped tens of thousands of people worldwide navigate the challenges of withdrawal, and probably even more who did not register. I also believe it saved many lives. This forum is also a testament to the vast amount of work still needed in this area. Thank you for this incredibly important and outstanding work!

• Love 2

@[de...],

You wrote some very kind words, but I would like to say that you have also given a lot to help members of our community. We appreciate all you’ve done to support others even while you might be having challenges of your own. Thanks for all you’ve done! 

• Like 3