Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

WD and other health issues

[bi...]

How do people deal with other health issues whilst in acute WD? I was 5 years out and still really struggling from a previous abx setback when in April I got an infection from a flea bite. Since then I’ve literally had countless ER visits, doctors appointments and testing and have had loads of new and very scary symptoms which idk what is causing them or what is going on atm. I’ve also had to take more antibiotics as well. WD is hard enough to deal with on its own, especially with aka and other acute symptoms, but it’s even harder to deal with with other health issues that arise on top of it. I’m feeling very hopeless atm bc there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer/resolution to the symptoms I’ve gotten post the infection (that I didn’t fully treat initially) which I’m afraid is some sort of post infection syndrome like Lyme or long covid and it’s just so so hard to deal with these symptoms in addition to acute WD. Idk I guess I’m just looking for some hope or to hear from others who have gone through something similar. Thanks so much.