Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Common long lasting symptoms please?? I'm 20.5 months off

[Bi...]

My symptoms have definitely eased but the symptoms I seem left with are nausea, vertigo, leg weakness/ jelly legs, headache, anxiety and occasional fast heart rate and depression. I have 8/10 symptoms but these are the dominant ones. Usually I get 3 or 4 together.

How common are these please?? I'm 20.5 months out from my CT 

Thanks in advance everyone ❤️

Edited by [Bi...]

Hello Birdypie,

What your experiencing is common symptoms. Our cns is still very hyper sensitive to everything because of using benzo's. The physical symptoms can be intense, consistent & cycles. This process we all have to go through. Do your best to make yourself as comfortable, find ways to help ease the symptoms when it comes. Slowly in time it does get better. I had all those symptoms at 20 months too, I was practically disabled. I'm 4.5 years free. I'm totally (better) different now from then. I still deal with anxiety, migraines, some nausea. I know what to do when I'm having them. 👍

• Love 1

Hello guys, @[Bi...] and @[Ma...], 18 months ago I stopped taking Klonopin (rivotril) and since then I have an anxiety that is through the roof, which I had never had before and which limits me enormously and barely allows me to live. The months go by and go but the anxiety is just as bad as in month 3😤😑😔Simon, can you tell me how your anxiety evolved in those 4.5 years? Let's see if you can give me a little light and hope, mate.

thank you very much 😘

Hello Yellow37,

I've always delt with anxiety since my 20's. That's why I was prescribed Xanax for. In 3/20. That's when I decided to stop taking Xanax because I knew I was in trouble using it. I rapid tapered only 3 months prior then finally jumped. My anxiety & a whole lot of symptoms elevated 50x with symptoms I've never  ever had appeared. For the next 2 to 3 years, I was disabled & expriencing my own hell, every little thing triggered my anxiety. I was in constant terror state. I struggled with work, home chores, going out for the simplest things like getting groceries, gas, socializing with people. Going through this process was never ending. I felt hopeless, no end in site. This is totally not true. Slowly our brain & body does heal. There will be very small pockets of feel good moments that comes & goes. For me there were many times I hit rock bottom. I had some kind of awakenings several times during this process, I told myself this is only temporary, I will be better. I started focusing, seeing myself being happy, strong, confident, seeing myself doing all the physical activities, hobbies I used to do that I enjoy & started making myself feel it with joy in my heart. I'd mentally do this daily. That's when things started changing very slowly. Things were shifting from despair to knowing there's hope.This was about 1.5 year ago. Today I'm nowhere close to what I was 4.5 years ago. I still experience some anxiety, fatigue, sadness, other symptoms. But I know what to do to move beyond that. (Focus on seeing what the real you is, DON'T keeping focusing on the pain & suffering, if you do, your making it your reality).👍

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 2