Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Happy 20th anniversary to BB!

[La...]

Happy 20th anniversary to BB! Firstly, I’d like to say that this site IMO is such a valuable resource to those of us on this recovery journey. Even though I haven’t written my success story yet, I thought about it and couldn’t in good conscience pass up this opportunity to post my gratitude to this site. I’m currently 2 days shy of being 51 months off Ambien. That is 4 years 3 months! Wow such a relief that I didn’t have to go on my recovery journey alone. I was rendered completely bedridden for about 2 years total with severe vestibular symptoms that also prohibited me from riding in a car or driving, taking care of myself physically, tolerating certain sounds, walking and even sitting up for more than a couple of minutes. Absolutely debilitating in itself but I was also abandoned and going through a divorce as I was recovering. Thank Goodness that God had my back! There were a few special buddies here that embraced me with such love and support! They didn’t let distance between us hinder them from making sure I was ok everyday. 2 of them that has been with me from day 1 and still is are Begood and Shayna. There were others I met along the way that was supportive: Trina, Deanna, Garden Guru, Helen, Lapis, Joerone, Cona and Fire. I’d like to make special acknowledgment of Decatur and Hopper who I’ve met later in my journey but have been wonderful in assisting me to tackle the car! High five to you both as I’m still working on it. I can’t leave out Pamster. She was one of the first to greet me warmly and anytime I’ve ever had an issue here ( which was once) she promptly took care of it as well as cheered me on when I had something major to handle. This wasn’t bias but I saw her do this for everyone. And thank you Colin for this wonderful forum and moderators are awesome too! 
Where I am now…I’m able to live a more normal life. Riding in the car and driving are headed in the right direction. I see going to the store VERY soon. I’m getting married this weekend to an exceptional man who didn’t let my physical condition stop him from stepping in to love me. I can walk any time of the day or night for up to 45 minutes at a time. I cook, clean, take care of myself and anything I need to even on my rougher days. I’m enjoying all the things I once did except anything involving going somewhere. But that is in the making as I’m tolerating car rides better and longer. I still have boatiness in some form everyday but it is mostly mild popping in and it takes breaks during the day which is new since turning 4 years. In more time it will be gone. I’m not 100% healed but I live each day in gratitude for my recovery so far and I don’t take for granted something simple as sitting up to watch a show or go for a walk. I will post my success story very happily when I start getting out in public again. 
Love, hugs and wrists locked to all on this journey and have recovered. 🦋🤝🤗♥️

• Like 1
  • Love 4

@[La...],

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. May the day be filled with love and joy!

Youve had a hard and long journey, the road to recovery hasn’t been easy. Yes, there are more travels ahead to reach full healing but I have no doubt you’ll get there. I’ll be thrilled to read your Success Story! 

• Like 1

@[La...], what a treat it is to read your words of gratitude and joy when many in your condition wouldn't be able to.  To be grateful for being able to walk up to 45 minutes, to being hopeful you can go to the store soon and to celebrate being able to ride in a car is a testament to your ability to find the good in anything.  

I know you came from a place of despair but the light you've shined on others through your own pain has been phenomenal, thank you for all you've given. 

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. :smitten:

• Like 1

Hi @[La...]

I am glad that you took this opportunity to write a Success Story. You do not need to be fully recovered to write one - you are still a success! :)

It sounds as though things have been in the ascendant for you for some time now - and getting married in few days time too! Congratulations!!

So that your your Buddies might see your messages, I will tag them here for you. If I've missed any (or tagged the wrong member), be sure to tag them yourself. :)

@[be...] @[Sh...] @[tr...] @[de...]

@[Ga...] @[He...] @[La...] @[Co...]

@[co...] @[de...] @[de...] @[Ho...]

Not sure to which accounts these two refer: Joerone; Fire.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Happy 20th anniversary to BB! Firstly, I’d like to say that this site IMO is such a valuable resource to those of us on this recovery journey. Even though I haven’t written my success story yet, I thought about it and couldn’t in good conscience pass up this opportunity to post my gratitude to this site. I’m currently 2 days shy of being 51 months off Ambien. That is 4 years 3 months! Wow such a relief that I didn’t have to go on my recovery journey alone. I was rendered completely bedridden for about 2 years total with severe vestibular symptoms that also prohibited me from riding in a car or driving, taking care of myself physically, tolerating certain sounds, walking and even sitting up for more than a couple of minutes. Absolutely debilitating in itself but I was also abandoned and going through a divorce as I was recovering. Thank Goodness that God had my back! There were a few special buddies here that embraced me with such love and support! They didn’t let distance between us hinder them from making sure I was ok everyday. 2 of them that has been with me from day 1 and still is are Begood and Shayna. There were others I met along the way that was supportive: Trina, Deanna, Garden Guru, Helen, Lapis, Joerone, Cona and Fire. I’d like to make special acknowledgment of Decatur and Hopper who I’ve met later in my journey but have been wonderful in assisting me to tackle the car! High five to you both as I’m still working on it. I can’t leave out Pamster. She was one of the first to greet me warmly and anytime I’ve ever had an issue here ( which was once) she promptly took care of it as well as cheered me on when I had something major to handle. This wasn’t bias but I saw her do this for everyone. And thank you Colin for this wonderful forum and moderators are awesome too! 
Where I am now…I’m able to live a more normal life. Riding in the car and driving are headed in the right direction. I see going to the store VERY soon. I’m getting married this weekend to an exceptional man who didn’t let my physical condition stop him from stepping in to love me. I can walk any time of the day or night for up to 45 minutes at a time. I cook, clean, take care of myself and anything I need to even on my rougher days. I’m enjoying all the things I once did except anything involving going somewhere. But that is in the making as I’m tolerating car rides better and longer. I still have boatiness in some form everyday but it is mostly mild popping in and it takes breaks during the day which is new since turning 4 years. In more time it will be gone. I’m not 100% healed but I live each day in gratitude for my recovery so far and I don’t take for granted something simple as sitting up to watch a show or go for a walk. I will post my success story very happily when I start getting out in public again. 
Love, hugs and wrists locked to all on this journey and have recovered. 🦋🤝🤗♥️

Dear sweet Lady, you also helped me so much during my journey off, your unending desire to do the best you could in any situation, and still be able to have concern and love for others was so you. Never once did you complain, you just keep going, whether prone or boaty, you just would not let anything keep you down. But I also know that you had to have cried tears too, but through your commitment to God, you would not let it get you down. You will always be in my heart and thoughts.

May you have a wonderful Wedding and Life, you deserve so much.

:mybuddy:

• Love 2

22 hours ago, [[p...] said:

@[La...],

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. May the day be filled with love and joy!

Youve had a hard and long journey, the road to recovery hasn’t been easy. Yes, there are more travels ahead to reach full healing but I have no doubt you’ll get there. I’ll be thrilled to read your Success Story! 

Thank you so very much! Your success story is one of the ones I’ve held on to seeing that you had such a time with some of my same symptoms. Thanks for being such a sweetie! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[La...], what a treat it is to read your words of gratitude and joy when many in your condition wouldn't be able to.  To be grateful for being able to walk up to 45 minutes, to being hopeful you can go to the store soon and to celebrate being able to ride in a car is a testament to your ability to find the good in anything.  

I know you came from a place of despair but the light you've shined on others through your own pain has been phenomenal, thank you for all you've given. 

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. :smitten:

Pam I appreciate your lovely message of support and congrats. Yes I’ve had such a tedious journey. But, I chose to direct my focus on staying positive and spread it on this forum. The majority of us, like me, only had this as a help. I have been greatly benefited by being here and my hope is that I benefited others too. I already have picked out a cute outfit to wear on my first outing. Lol I’m using it for motivation. 🤗

19 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[La...]

I am glad that you took this opportunity to write a Success Story. You do not need to be fully recovered to write one - you are still a success! :)

It sounds as though things have been in the ascendant for you for some time now - and getting married in few days time too! Congratulations!!

So that your your Buddies might see your messages, I will tag them here for you. If I've missed any (or tagged the wrong member), be sure to tag them yourself. :)

@[be...] @[Sh...] @[tr...] @[de...]

@[Ga...] @[He...] @[La...] @[Co...]

@[co...] @[de...] @[de...] @[Ho...]

Not sure to which accounts these two refer: Joerone; Fire.

Thank you Colin for the congrats and tags. You’re awesome! Yes I can’t remember Joerone user name..we were on the Zdrug thread. He’s an artist like me. We called him Jerry. I don’t know Fire’s full ID either. I failed to mention my dear departed friend Zman ( Zach). He’s greatly missed! 🙏 

Whoever else I didn’t mention I assure you ( whoever you are) that it wasn’t done on purpose. Please forgive me. 
Colin I know my story is still quite a success and I know I’ll completely heal. But I wanted to regain ALL of my basic human functions before I write mine. The last hurdle is being able to go places. When I’m able to do that, I’m writing my story and I hope who reads it has a whole box of Kleenex handy. Lol  Hugs to you Colin 🤗

• Love 1

2 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Dear sweet Lady, you also helped me so much during my journey off, your unending desire to do the best you could in any situation, and still be able to have concern and love for others was so you. Never once did you complain, you just keep going, whether prone or boaty, you just would not let anything keep you down. But I also know that you had to have cried tears too, but through your commitment to God, you would not let it get you down. You will always be in my heart and thoughts.

May you have a wonderful Wedding and Life, you deserve so much.

:mybuddy:

As always you are just a jewel to me, Begood! Thank you for your kindness and congrats. I’m happy to know I helped you too. Even after you healed, you’ve stuck around here to support and spread positivity. I’m soooo glad you did! Your inspirational thread and Begood’s village gave me a place to get my daily “ tool” to get through my days. Yes, I cried behind closed doors but God is my Comforter! I had to be mindful that There’s nothing wrong with shedding a few tears. They can be a good cleanse. You will always be in my heart too! 
💦🦋💕😉

11 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Colin I know my story is still quite a success and I know I’ll completely heal.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

Yes yes and yes. 
but you know Zman is passed away. 😢

Yes, I know. But I included his @mention for other members so that they can check out his account if they wish.

• Like 1

Just now, [[C...] said:

Yes, I know. But I included his @mention for other members so that they can check out his account if they wish.

Thank you! 👍🏼

You have come so far and your strength and fortitude shine bright!

You well one day soon be posting your actual success story as it seems your getting close to that point!

I congratulate you on meeting someone and getting married!  What a gift!

Thank you greatly for coming on here and posting your update!  It is more helpful than you know!

Edited by [Rh...]
Spelling error
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

You have coke so far and your strength and fortitude shine bright!

You well one day soon be posting your actual success story as it seems your getting close to that point!

I congratulate you on meeting someone and getting married!  What a gift!

Thank you greatly for coming on here and posting your update!  It is more helpful than you know!

Thanks a bunch! I also wish you all the best and as you complete your healing please don’t throw out the good that is a gift rendered by going through this. We are left stronger, wiser and more resilient than we wouldn’t be if not for this. Take care. I’m cheering you on as well. 🤗

7 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Thanks a bunch! I also wish you all the best and as you complete your healing please don’t throw out the good that is a gift rendered by going through this. We are left stronger, wiser and more resilient than we wouldn’t be if not for this. Take care. I’m cheering you on as well. 🤗

Lol, I didn’t mean “coke” so far, I meant “come” so far!  But thank you for this wonderful post and for cheering me on! I very much appreciate it!  

• Haha 1

Congratulations on upcoming wedding Lady.   I miss you and all in the village.  We were a great group, always lifting each other up.  Wish we still had it here,it was a safe place for all.  Love you. 🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️❤️