Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Congratulations on Twenty Years of Helping Others to Navigate Through Our Journey of Benzodiazepines.

[AL...]

@[Co...],  

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in tolerance withdrawal in 2018 from taking 1 mg of Diazepam prescribed daily for vertigo.  I was extremely sick, praying and asking God what to do. My doctors were no help, they refused to answer, they were ignorant and/or dropped me as a patient.  So, I Googled, "How to Withdraw from Diazepam", and by the grace of God, a member of Benzobuddies came up with the "Ashton Method" among other methods for a slow Taper and in part saved my life. Six years later, I still come back for advice.

Thank you and God Bless you, Colin, for caring, being dedicated to others and having the foresight that millions could heal, thrive and survive the Benzodiazepine journey with this website.

Linda

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hello @[AL...],

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your story. Like you, I was floundering once off benzos but still very sick. Finding this forum was a lifeline for me as well. I wish you all the best in your benzo free life! 

Hi @[AL...]/Linda

Thank you taking the time to post to the 20 Year Anniversary forum and for your generous remarks.

It is 21 years since I quit - I do not remember it 'like it was yesterday', but it certainly doesn't seem like more than two decades. Please keeping dropping by when you need some more help.

Take care.

• Wow 1

Thank you @[AL...] for always providing hope to others and being so generous with your support.  Our doctors admonish us to avoid Dr Google but when our needs aren't being met, what choice to we have?  I'm grateful for this place. 

22 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi @[AL...]/Linda

Thank you taking the time to post to the 20 Year Anniversary forum and for your generous remarks.

It is 21 years since I quit - I do not remember it 'like it was yesterday', but it certainly doesn't seem like more than two decades. Please keeping dropping by when you need some more help.

Take care.

Wow! I had no idea it’s been that long since you came off!!  Truly amazing.  And I imagine you’ve witnessed all kinds of healing and full lives being lead after these drugs!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Wow! I had no idea it’s been that long since you came off!!  Truly amazing.  And I imagine you’ve witnessed all kinds of healing and full lives being lead after these drugs!  

Yes, January, 2003. I was dazed and confused for a log time. It was a few months before I even looked online for answers. With a few like-minded individuals, we opened BB 20 years ago today, in September 2004.

• Like 1