Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Changing things from bad to good!

[So...]

Hello everyone. I'm feeling a bit more optimistic today because now I'm chasing recovery and finding a way to escape from this mental & physical prison with Lorazepam. These past 2 years have been a blur I can hardly remember anything but I now come to terms that life shouldn't be easy it's perfectly fine to face challenges and the use of Benzodiazepines shouldn't be the main source of my solution to my problems because it's causing more harm than good. What if there's no more Benzodiazepines? All these thoughts just came to me and I finally realized that enough is enough and I don't want to continue this desperate drug-seeking, manipulating (con-like) thinking behavior on finding unethical doctors who can prescribe me this because none have and are by the books and all besides the doctor I was in for 2 years is the only prescriber in the Los Angeles area who thinks Benzodiazepines are safe. I can't be like this for the rest of my life and I certainly do not want to test my addiction further because desperation can lead to desperate acts and I don't want to know so I'm feeling a lot more committed. And it feels even better to know that the doctor who has been prescribing me this for 2 years in a reckless manner despite knowing my history of alcoholism is willing to pay half after a heated dispute and me threatening legal action. I can finally let go of this resentment because this whole year I've been ashamed that my 2 years of sobriety from alcohol was jeopardized by this unethical doctor. Once I complete my 30 days of treatment I'll go on with this report to the Medical Board of California and have him stripped of his license because no one should ever go through this, especially without knowing of such and such.

Wish me luck, everyone. I'll create updates on my progress once I'm in the facility.

• Like 4

@[So...]

I'm not sure... Some alcoholics may really need benzos to function.

Benzos are lesser evil than alcohol.

I wouldn't say your two years of sobriety were tarnished in any way by the BZD - this is too extreme. 

Many alcoholics have to take psych meds, benzos included. They are allowed to speak in many AA meetings. 

You know, if my father-in-law weren't detoxed from benzos during his 2 mos impatient stay at the psychiatric hospital. Who knows, maybe he'd be alive today?

Idk, I wish you luck in your every pursuit. But most of all, I wish you peace of mind. You cannot undo the past. The past came to teach you something for the future❤️

3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[So...]

I'm not sure... Some alcoholics may really need benzos to function.

Benzos are lesser evil than alcohol.

I wouldn't say your two years of sobriety were tarnished in any way by the BZD - this is too extreme. 

Many alcoholics have to take psych meds, benzos included. They are allowed to speak in many AA meetings. 

You know, if my father-in-law weren't detoxed from benzos during his 2 mos impatient stay at the psychiatric hospital. Who knows, maybe he'd be alive today?

Idk, I wish you luck in your every pursuit. But most of all, I wish you peace of mind. You cannot undo the past. The past came to teach you something for the future❤️

It's a ton of resentment mostly from this doctor who unfortunately is extremely unethical. He pretty much screwed me over from day one. But I recognize I have a problem with this prescription and I want to remedy it before it gets worse. But I appreciate the advice. I'll do everything to get this situation sorted out and become Benzodiazepine free!

• Like 1

Hey @[So...],

First, congratulations on your two years of sobriety, that's a huge accomplishment.  I agree that taking a prescription benzo from a doctor doesn't negate all that you've achieved.  Most of us were given bad advice by our prescirbers who didn't know any better, myself included, so you are not alone there.  

I don't know much about addiction, so please forgive me if I speak out of turn, but I would imagine that finding the resolve to get off of these meds is incredibly difficult.  Be proud of yourself for getting to this point.  Please let us know how this goes for you and how else we can support you.

Best wishes and God bless.

• Like 1