Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help with tapering dosage

[an...]

Hello.   I am tapering off Klonopin.  I was taking 3mg a day for 13 years.  Last December I started the taper.  I am getting down to .05 a day.  The problem is I don't know how to calculate the dosage after that.   I was hoping maybe someone could please help me.  I go to the doctor once a month and they write a prescription. I know that at a certain point I am going to have to find a pharmacy to prepare smaller doses. So if someone could tell me what that would be I would really appreciate it.   Thank you.

Hi @[an...]

please can you clarify your question. I’m not sure I understand what you mean by how to calculate your dosage after 0.5mg. How have you been tapering this far?

I think so.  I have a scale that I weigh my pills on and I cut them every 10 day with a razor blade.  I reduce the dose.  I started with 1 mg pills and then went to.5 pills and on.  So I almost down to a .05 pill. and I can only cut that so much.  I know there is liquid compound you can take when the dosage gets smaller.  All of this I learned from reading the Ashton Manuel.  Doctors know nothing about Benzos.  At least the ones here in Central Florida.

23 hours ago, [[a...] said:

I think so.  I have a scale that I weigh my pills on and I cut them every 10 day with a razor blade.  I reduce the dose.  I started with 1 mg pills and then went to.5 pills and on.  So I almost down to a .05 pill. and I can only cut that so much.  I know there is liquid compound you can take when the dosage gets smaller.  All of this I learned from reading the Ashton Manuel.  Doctors know nothing about Benzos.  At least the ones here in Central Florida.

Many people taper all the way down by shaving and weighing. It is possible. Yes, it gets a bit difficult as the pill gets smaller but it can be done. You can also get your doctor to prescribe compounded liquid if you prefer., I would suggest that if you’re doing fine with the pills to keep going with that method as long as possible and only switch to liquid once you feel you struggle too much. The less unnecessary changes you need to make, the better.

• Like 1