Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Setback after shingles vaccine

[...]

Wondering if anyone can offer hope after a horrible setback from my first dose of Shinglex. I heeded the warnings to avoid shingles and get the vaccine, and it ramped up my worst symptoms of vibration, pressure and tinnitus. I’m nearly at the 4 year mark post withdrawal from an CT and was managing better and better, feeling so much hope. This has brought me to my knees. Please don’t respond with negativity and triggering possibilities. Really just wondering if others have experienced this and got back to their baseline. It has been two months since the shot. Thank you.

Edited by [...]

Hi @[...], ugh, this is definitely a setback, I'm so sorry.  I used the search function and found a few posts about this and it has caused some members setbacks, but from what I've looked at, yours appears to be longer than some others. 

I know you'll get back to your baseline, everyone eventually does when they experience setbacks, its just the amount of time involved, its different for everyone.  I wish I could offer more...

• Like 1

Hang in there!!! Ughhhh any vaccines can cause setbacks for us but it was good that you were doing so well prior and a good amount of years under your belt healing…. Hopefully in the next couple months you’ll improve and get back towards baseline. I’ve heard 6mo thrown around for setbacks but everyone is different and many are quicker than that. 
Hope you see things improve soon!

• Like 1