Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How I got off and a good method for you

I took Klonopin for 20 years as it was prescribed to me by a horror of a man pretending to be my psychiatrist.  It made me more depressed and anxious, especially in the mornings. I turned to alcohol to alleviate the worsening depression and anxiety from Klonopin, and it essentially destroyed my life. The following is how I got off of Klonopin permanently and have been off of it for over four years:

I bought a pillow scale so that my wife could keep a record of how much Klonopin I took each night, and with a razor, she would shave off the tiniest amount. If I were taking, for example, 0.8 milligrams, then she would shave the pill so that I would only be taking 0.79 milligrams the next night and then 0.78 the following night. In addition to the pill scale, I also bought a small safe combination lock. The only one who knew the combination to that safe was my wife, who would keep the Klonopin in there so that when I would wake up in the middle of the night unable to fall back to sleep, knowing that the Klonopin would do the trick, I no longer had the option of turning to the Klonopin. It took me 11 months to get off Klonopin completely, but this method worked beautifully and with minimal side effects other than some very difficult nights.

Please get off the garbage.  It is garbage and, except in extreme cases, should never be prescribed.  You can get the pill scale and safe on Amazon, of course. 

I’m happy to hear this method worked for you and your withdrawals were “minimal.  Even after 20 years of use you were able to find the strength to come off and stick to your plan!  Amazing and freeing!