Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weight gain?

[An...]

Hey buddies I am tapering Diaz, I’ve put my taper on hold right now been holding for two months, I am gaining so much weight? I feel like this is potentially water weight, I am eating a little more, but not enough for such rapid weight gain? Has anyone had this problem  ? Is this water weight ? I have always been able to eat a lot and be slim 

• Like 1

@[An...] yes, tapering the BZD has made me gain weight. But overusing them also made me gain weight. It could also depend on other meds you're taking. The body will always strive to reach homeostasis. Could be as well water weight. Or age. I have this Salter scale which shows both Body Fat and Body Water. This is a complicated question, but I'm actually planning to dig into it a bit deeper. Maybe someone will contribute in the meantime.

Yes gained so much weight! Hormones must have been impacted. Starting to regulate now and lose weight. Slow going. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[An...] yes, tapering the BZD has made me gain weight. But overusing them also made me gain weight. It could also depend on other meds you're taking. The body will always strive to reach homeostasis. Could be as well water weight. Or age. I have this Salter scale which shows both Body Fat and Body Water. This is a complicated question, but I'm actually planning to dig into it a bit deeper. Maybe someone will contribute in the meantime.

Hey yeah it’s strange, I’m 28 year old female, no other meds, been thin all my life, just rapidly gained weight with in a month. I wonder if it is high cortisol ? I have been researching the internet and it’s not possible to gain 7 kilos in 2 months I’m not consuming the amount of calorie to gain that amount 

This happened to me as well. I'm normally very thin and eat a lot while gaining nothing. Gained 20lbs thanks to Valium. 

I jumped at the end of June and only now am I starting to go back to normal. My appetite was ravenous on Valium and I suspect it put my whole system out of whack. Good news is things are going back to normal albeit slowly now, so rest assured they'll improve eventually :)

Weight gain here. Again, always been slim, could eat like a horse and never put on any weight but since I've been on Valium its been awful. Especially around my gut. Then again, sitting at home and not moving as much as I did when I was working full time probably doesn't help. Plus I've gained more of an appetite, especially for sweet things which I'm trying so hard to stop. Could just be boredom eating which is a problem in itself. 

On 16/09/2024 at 20:06, [[T...] said:

Weight gain here. Again, always been slim, could eat like a horse and never put on any weight but since I've been on Valium its been awful. Especially around my gut. Then again, sitting at home and not moving as much as I did when I was working full time probably doesn't help. Plus I've gained more of an appetite, especially for sweet things which I'm trying so hard to stop. Could just be boredom eating which is a problem in itself. 

Same it sucks, read somewhere it’s dopamine receptors