Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tinnitus

[Re...]

For some odd reason, every time I eat, no matter what it is or isn't, it makes tinnitus louder. I am terrified that I may never hear silence again. I am such a quiet person, and it was really truly the only thing that gave me peace was silence. I am sitting here trying to get some work done today and the ear ringing is so bothersome. White noise agitates me and I have too much sound sensitivity to listen to music. Plus, I am naturally a quiet person. This is the one symptom that truly scares me the most because I can't live with this symptom if I have to and there is no cure or remedy for it. It sounds like a high pitched hissing noise - a shower is the only thing that cancels it out. It has been 24 months of this. Around six months off benzos it started to go away but then I had a dystonic episode and had to take Benadryl and it brought it right back. I don't even know what I am looking for anymore posting here. I read a story recently where someone's tinnitus went away after three years. I am so burned out by working on healing and trying everything under the sun to get better I don't have energy in me to engage with any more healing modalities. I have suffered enough with this for several lifetimes and I just want it to be over. Although I try to have hope, sometimes in life things don't work out the way you wished they did and I have no idea if I will heal from these physical issues.

Hey Rebecca

Tinnitus is one on my most annoying symtpoms too it's gets so loud if I try to do too much across a day. I unfortunately had tinnitus from covid 19 prior to wd symtpoms but it was made way worse by wd sxs. I have read from other members some lucky ones just wake up one day and it's gone. But also alot of members say it's one of the last symptoms to go. Have you tired listening to gentle sound healing playlists on Spotify I find that helps me. I can also listen to music and white noise. 

• Like 1

I had that static electric hiss that white noise just made worse when I first got tinnitus. It went away after three years but a low ring (which was very manageable) remained. I have very intolerant tinnitus now and I sympathize with you.

Every day feels like torture with the noise but I felt that way the first few years I had tinnitus then I just got over it and stopped being bothered by it. It also got better.  

You've made it two years with your tinnitus so you CAN live with it, and you will. Today is a loss… do you know that saying “the battle is lost but the war isn’t” or something to that effect. Each day is a battle in this war. We lose battles but we haven’t lost the war. 

at least take comfort knowing I’m in the same position as you… you’re not alone.

Apart from trying to destract in the day when your tinnitus is really bothering,

if it's at night,..a dark room and closing your eyes with some relaxing sleep healing music is what I go for

Quite often I'll drop into a mini nap that affects my sleep that night,..but sometimes the tinnitus is to overwhelming not to do something about it