Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Head Tingling Anyone?

Hi All,

This is new to me, and I'm not sure it is a symptom yet.

I've done a search, and those posts I have found all express that what they experience is distressing or uncomfortable.  What I am talking about isn't.  And, this hopeful part of me wonders if it is a good sign...although, I realize all our symptoms are signs of corrections/healing.

This started for me about a week ago or so.  It will be on the right or the left side of my head...from base of skull, side of head and sometimes includes the side of the face area, to the top of the head.  Sometimes it happens on the left side for maybe 30 seconds or so, and sometimes the right side.

I have had different sensations on the head...and, they have not been comfortable.  I would have called them 'tingling', too, because I don't know how else to describe it.  But, what I've experienced to date has been distressing.  However, this reminds me of a very subdued ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) type of thing...but, it's not that either as I know what that feels like as well.

I've had many changes in symptoms since I dropped down below .5mg Clonazepam.  Game seems to have changed again for now?  Who knows?  But, this actually feels 'good'...using the term loosely in contrast to how utterly crappy everything else is...putting it mildly.

Just thought I'd put this out there, and see if anyone can relate.  Again...what I'm experiencing is not distressing or uncomfortable, but I've not had this exact experience before.

Thanks.

Warmly,

• Like 1

@[Fa...]I hope it is a sign of healing.

Melissa B. said she had buzzing tingling sensation in the skull that was pleasant and she said that was the beginning of when she says she got a lot better.

This is hopeful news and it’s great that it is not distressing or uncomfortable.

💕

Edited by [Kr...]
Typo
  • Like 1

@[Kr...]  It would be nice to think that something is going on that I would experience a noticeable difference in the mental AKA.  I have a ways to go still, but for all of us that suffer with mental AKA, I'm sure we could all agree that to have that lifted would make the rest of this journey considerably more bearable.  I know that is how I feel hands down.  To be removed from the inverted reality, and to be able to deal with WD from a space of feeling within this reality would be a blessing.

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

Melissa B. said she had buzzing tingling sensation in the skull that was pleasant and she said that was the beginning of when she says she got a lot better.

I do remember watching that video, but she was off all meds and in recovery at that time.  Here's to seeing if there is some improvement over the next while.

Thanks for your positive reply.  I really appreciate it.

Much Love,

F

• Like 2

scalp tingling. Little muscle pops in scalp. Big and constant muscle pops, twitches and fasculations ALL over, thumpers, twitches, skin looks like a bag of worms etc. All muscle issues, made worse from taper/tolerance of klonopin. 4 months out and YES, I have tons of electrical tingling 24/7 mostly legs, tongue and feet. limbs, fingers move on their own and jerks. Dunno what to say/do or recommend, just saying I have it bad. Hope yours gets better, I'm betting on time as nothing else has worked.

12 hours ago, [[F...] said:

I'm sure we could all agree that to have that lifted would make the rest of this journey considerably more bearable.  I know that is how I feel hands down.  To be removed from the inverted reality, and to be able to deal with WD from a space of feeling within this reality would be a blessing.

Yep, totally.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[o...] said:

scalp tingling. Little muscle pops in scalp. Big and constant muscle pops, twitches and fasculations ALL over, thumpers, twitches, skin looks like a bag of worms etc. All muscle issues, made worse from taper/tolerance of klonopin. 4 months out and YES, I have tons of electrical tingling 24/7 mostly legs, tongue and feet. limbs, fingers move on their own and jerks. Dunno what to say/do or recommend, just saying I have it bad. Hope yours gets better, I'm betting on time as nothing else has worked.

What you are describing I have experienced, and they are terrible.  I know the above symptoms, for me, came from a very rapid taper of Clonazepam to start off with and was complicated by a rapid taper off an AP shortly after.  These are very distressing sensations/movements.  I am very sorry you are still moving through this, and it will get better with time as things settle down.  I'm not sure of your history, but the severity of these symptoms took about a year or so to get to where I am now, which is very manageable.  For the severity of these symptoms, for me, the best thing I did was leave my body alone and wait.  The more that was thrown at me 'medication-wise', the more my body was harmed.  That was my experience.

What I am referring to now is not distressing but actually feels, as @[Kr...] described it, pleasant.  And, the way in which it goes back and forth from hemisphere to hemisphere, left to right side of my head, I was wondering if others have experienced this as they were healing...one example of healing taking place that doesn't present as pain/discomfort but actually feels nice.  I'm going to run with that theory because I really believe that is what is happening.  How that will manifest for me, only time will tell.

Sending you healing thoughts...this does resolve itself.  

• Like 1

I keep getting this from occipital neuralgia and small fiber neuropathy it seems. For me it comes with head pressure quite often. 

25 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I keep getting this from occipital neuralgia and small fiber neuropathy it seems. For me it comes with head pressure quite often. 

Ya...I get the head pressure, band around the head at certain times after a reduction as part of the cycle of tapering, but this is so different.  It feels comforting.

6 hours ago, [[F...] said:

It feels comforting.

Anything that feels comforting is priceless in this. I know you know what severe hell this process can be as do I.

I wish you love and healing so much. Makes me happy for you as I know you how deep you’ve gone in the dark with this. 

@[Kr...]  I wish the same for you from my heart.  I don't know what this is...if it's a sign of something shifting, that would be awesome.  I will surely let you know if I notice any changes.  More than likely if I do, it will be gradual.  I was hoping others further along may have experienced something similar.  I'm still gonna assume it's something positive...can't hurt, right?

You're so thoughtful and sweet.  I appreciate your kind words so much.

• Like 1