Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is there a way to know how long this will take?

I am glad to have started this journey. My quality of life completely sucks right now. Does it end. What happens next. I don’t know what to do

Hi.

This is asked often but there is absolutely no way to tell.

Just try to accept you are mentally disabled for awhile. I'm 10 months out and doing ok. I was a total mess..

Take care.

Hello Angelica.  I am a long time member, seems like my life time ago.  From time to time, I want to come back because I remember the day I found this site and how it saved me.

I would like to hear about your current symptoms.  I have had so many and was so ill.  It took me a very long time to get to where I am now, but I was one of the few that it took longer.

For the average, and depending on your system, as everyone is different, it was stated 3 to 18 months.  You will start to feel less intensity, however, you heal one microbe at a time.  There will be days you start to feel better, and then get hit with a wave.

Watch what you eat and keep a journal of how you feel after you eat certain foods.  You will start to see a relationship between foods and the severity of flares.  

If you do nothing else, cut out all sugar, which can caused pain as it enters our blood stream and can increase our symptoms.  This is the one area we can help our withdrawal.

For me, my symptoms were so severe that I tried other meds. which made things so much worse, so I also say, watch everything you digest, inhale or absorb as it can be suspect.

I can promise you that you won't always feel this way, even if it feels unbelievable while you are going through this now.  I know how uncomfortable it is and we were not prepared for anything like this.

Your body will not fail you, it just feels that way.

If you are concerned about a certain symptoms, please share.  There is an extremely good change I have experienced it.

When I found this site a long time ago, it was the perfect anchor for me.  I remember the first time I  started looking around and I felt such comfort and relief and validation that what I am experiencing is what happens during this torture.  Even though it cause me such heartache, at least the fear of the unknown had lessened because of everyone's help and encouragement.

You are at the right place and remember, I am you, just way ahead.  You will get there too.  Just breath.  for me, breath in 4 times and breath out 8 times.  Do that 3 times each time, the fear takes over.

I wish you the best.

• Like 4

As a comment to @[li...] i went through wd with no sensitivity for what i ate/supplements. 

I also had a very linear healing with no flares/windows/waves. 

It was horrible though and we all have that in common 😊

It took me 3 months to stop having the most extreme symptoms. In my case akathisia and vomiting. Bad combo.

Nobody knows these answers. What works for one has no effect on someone else. 
There’s no silver bullet. Do the best you can and sometimes there are some that cannot even afford to spend a lot of money on the right foods because we are to disabled to work. 
don’t compare yourself to others. That made me feel like there was something really wrong with me because cutting out sugar or forcing myself to exercise when I was so sick wasn’t lessening symptoms at all.

No two nervous systems are the same. 

Do the best you can and please know I’m sending you love and support. I find that is really good medicine from those who understand. ❤️

Edited by [Kr...]
Typo
  • Like 1