Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Last and final symptom anyone experienced in withdrawal before recovery

Can anyone still on BB who has completely recovered, or maybe in @[Na...]'s group, weigh in on the last symptom they had before they completely recovered? I realize that may be different for each of us, but I'm very interested to find out what that/those symptoms were. I feel like I'm almost there...I hope. Thanks!

• Like 2

Hello @[vo...],

My last lingering symptoms were nerve and muscle pain and burning. I had a strong wave, quite intense, right before my complete recovery. Yes, you are right, this will be different for each of as we travel the path to healing.

• Like 2

I hope it will be strange sensation in body like expexting. (If something else don’t come up 😂)

1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

I hope it will be strange sensation in body like expexting. (If something else don’t come up 😂)

That's what I'm hoping too! Like the last hurrah or 4th of July fireworks! :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

Pianogirl,

I just read your post about the last and final symptom that you had before recovery.  You mentioned muscle pain/burning.

Could you please give me more details  - like where was the pain and how long did your wave last.

I am just about 4 years off and am now having a brutal wave which last lasted about 2.5 months.  Muscle pain and burning along my right hand side of my torso and my right shoulder is off the charts. 

Hoping that this all ends soon.

Thanks

20 hours ago, [[f...] said:

Pianogirl,

I just read your post about the last and final symptom that you had before recovery.  You mentioned muscle pain/burning.

Could you please give me more details  - like where was the pain and how long did your wave last.

I am just about 4 years off and am now having a brutal wave which last lasted about 2.5 months.  Muscle pain and burning along my right hand side of my torso and my right shoulder is off the charts. 

Hoping that this all ends soon.

Thanks

Hello @[fl...],

Have you have shoulder or neck issues?  I have to ask that because I’ve had both including many shoulder surgeries. 

My last wave included a lot of muscle pain, burning and tightness. It felt like I was being squeezed from the inside. I actually saw my doctor who ran a plethora of tests for many conditions. Everything came back negative so we just had to assume it was withdrawal.

Are there any changes to your diet, supplements or medications? 

Sometimes there just is no overt cause, just an unhappy cns that is still trying to find balance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[fl...],

Have you have shoulder or neck issues?  I have to ask that because I’ve had both including many shoulder surgeries. 

My last wave included a lot of muscle pain, burning and tightness. It felt like I was being squeezed from the inside. I actually saw my doctor who ran a plethora of tests for many conditions. Everything came back negative so we just had to assume it was withdrawal.

Are there any changes to your diet, supplements or medications? 

Sometimes there just is no overt cause, just an unhappy cns that is still trying to find balance. 

Thank you for the reply Piano Girl,

I do not have any shoulder/neck issues.

My number 1 physical symptom from benzo withdrawals has always been muscle pain (I have had other symptoms but the muscle pain is by far the worst symptom.  I did have a brutal waves last summer which lasted about 3 months.  It was so bad that I went to the ER twice and then had a bunch of tests (X-rays, MRI, CT scan and blood work).  Like you, all came back negative. 

Things then settled down after that and I had a decent 6-8 week window back in April/May of this year.  In fact it was the best window that I have ever had in the 3.5 years.  I really did think I was close to full recovery.  But then the pain came back again in July/Aug/Sep. 

No changes to diet. medications etc. 

Hoping that this is "The Final" wave.

52 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

@[pi...] did you had period without simptoms before last wave?

Actually I was post menopausal. 

8 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Thank you for the reply Piano Girl,

I do not have any shoulder/neck issues.

My number 1 physical symptom from benzo withdrawals has always been muscle pain (I have had other symptoms but the muscle pain is by far the worst symptom.  I did have a brutal waves last summer which lasted about 3 months.  It was so bad that I went to the ER twice and then had a bunch of tests (X-rays, MRI, CT scan and blood work).  Like you, all came back negative. 

Things then settled down after that and I had a decent 6-8 week window back in April/May of this year.  In fact it was the best window that I have ever had in the 3.5 years.  I really did think I was close to full recovery.  But then the pain came back again in July/Aug/Sep. 

No changes to diet. medications etc. 

Hoping that this is "The Final" wave.

I hope so too @[fl...]! Since you’ve had some really good times, close to recovery, I’m sure you’ll get back to that point again. Have confidence in your cns to find balance, it will work towards that goal. I had a mantra during the waves. I would say to myself “what I’m feeling is my healing”.