Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bromazapam for a month felt like it was never gonna end.

[...]

I haven't been on here for a couple years, just wanted to say thank you guys so much. I discovered the Ashton manual manual here which helped me rationalize what was happening and the folks here are the best, I didn't go through a very long withdraw but it was absolutely brutal (still have some strange sensations to this day every now and then) never even thought that such a low does of anything could do what it did; check my old posts + seeing no colour and forgot time existed.

Just my opinion, if you've been on for a long time, taper and never look back. I did cold turkey and do not recommend even for low dose or short time taking, I was lucky and got off quick but someone on it for longer (less???) could be at risk of having an irreversible breakdown if it were any more intense.

Just be disciplined and fraction off as you down the dose, and as I said never look back. It might look grim if your in the middle of a withdraw but just keep going. For most I imagine it will take months and months maybe years to get over the symptoms, but it doesn't matter, whats more important is to get through it all.

Just hold on it comes in waves, your body WILL readjust.

Regards to all.

• Like 4

Thank you for the update!  We all need encouragement from those that have been through this before us.  I’m glad your better and may healing continue!

• Like 1

Hi @[...], what a great update and thanks for the advice for those going through this now, do you have a success story, because you sure sound like one. :smitten:

• Like 1

@[Pa...] @[Rh...] No idea if it's a success story but I'm off the pills and will never touch a benzo again that's for sure.

As I said in my post I feel as if the whole ordeal has scarred me somewhat, two years later I still feel pulses in my body from time to time and a certain strange dissociation as if I wasn't here but I just learnt to live with it, again I think I got lucky.

Thanks again for the support, you guys are really good people and this site is a treasure trove of info and experience. After my withdraw I managed to convince my mother to taper off Lorazepam with no side effects, definitely the way to go if one has been on it for a while. 

Regards and keep it up.

• Like 3

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [oc...]
    • [Id...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ra...]
    • [BN...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [ka...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [Ma...]