Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I’m a risperidone/risperidal victim

[Na...]

Hello! My name is Nastya. I’m 27, and I was misdiagnosed and prescribed 0,25 Risperidone for 6 days. Now my symptoms are:

-emotional numbness 

-depression 

- anxiety 

- anhedonia 

- insomnia 

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to recover from this drug or am I doomed for good? 

I would really appreciate your help! 

Hello @[Na...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with unwanted side effects.  I don't have any experience with Risperidone, but if no one responds you might use the search function.

@[Pa...]

• Love 1

@[Na...]  I personally don't know much about it, but I know of a Psychiatrist who makes YouTube videos specifically about people who have been "injured" from either taking Psychiatric medications, or from stopping such medications too rapidly.

His channel is called "Dr. Josef". He has a lot of podcast-style videos where he will have different people who've been affected by these medications share their stories, and I am pretty sure that I watched one recently where the person had been injured from Risperidone. What I can definitely say for certain, though, is that all of the symptoms you're describing are symptoms that I've heard people describe on his channel. 

I want to say, though, you definitely aren't doomed !!!  Sometimes it can take a long time to heal from this kind of damage, and sometimes people can get over it in a manner of months. But every single person says that their symptoms improve over time! Let me know if you need any more tips for resources to learn more about what you're going through. I know that it can be near impossible to find Doctors who know what's happening to you, or who even know that this kind of effect is possible from these medications... I wish you all the best! :)

(Edit: I forgot to say, it's usually referred to as a "Protracted Withdrawal Injury", although I'm not 100% certain if that term is also applicable to people who had a severe adverse reaction to the medication like you did. But, looking that term up will help for you to get more information about what it is and the communities of people who've been affected by the same thing you have! )

Edited by [sp...]
Additional info added