Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin Free after 12 years! Detox Success

[vi...]

I was determined to get off and no longer be dependent to this pill. I was on 2mg daily for 12 years and took it religiously to go to bed thinking I needed it to sleep. I had tried to taper by myself unsuccessfully several times. I finally admitted myself back in July and was put on an Ativan taper - which WOW, definitely had an effect on me which I wasn’t expecting. After 6 days on the Ativan taper, i stayed for 8 days, 14 days total. I feel okay- digestive issues and some anxiety- which is to be expected when you’re on a serious drug. I had never been to detox before & do not take other substances and rarely drink. I hope this helps any one who is looking to get off their Doctor’s prescription, do it fast & be free. Thanks to every one who takes time to write their successes and create this positive environment online, every person heals, our brains are incredibly resilient.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Congratulations on your freedom from Ativan, I'm happy detox worked for you.  While it can be too fast for some, having your withdrawal from the drug monitored by medical professionals can be reassuring.  

I'm happy you found freedom, no matter how it happened. :thumbsup:

Great news about your successful detox experience.  I guess sometimes it pays to come off a benzo quickly.  Hoping you soon are free from all your symptoms.

• Like 1

It would be useful to get updates from you because I've noticed there have been several enthusiastic stories about stopping fast at rehabs, but then we've heard nothing more from those people. Hopefully this is because they are so healed and just enjoying their lives to the full! So please keep us posted on your progress :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

It would be useful to get updates from you because I've noticed there have been several enthusiastic stories about stopping fast at rehabs, but then we've heard nothing more from those people. Hopefully this is because they are so healed and just enjoying their lives to the full! So please keep us posted on your progress :)

Yes there are 2 ways to get off-  Do it fast or taper and go at your pace. Unfortunately after researching online how terrible Benzos are for you and how much it affects your Central nervous system and brain - I whole heartedly decided to get off fast! I am on no other drugs. No matter what we think, whatever we are not changing in our lives, we are choosing. If you decide to get off and want to truly change your life, you will! In the 30 days benzo free- I’ve lost weight, been happy and laughing, seeing things I didn’t notice before - these drugs are highly addictive and highly sedative. Yes I’ve had a few nights where I didn’t sleep great but am I able to do whatever I want with my life now and not be tied to a pill? YUP!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I’m in the U.S. - mind you I only needed to get off of 2mg daily for 12 years and while I was in detox there were plenty of people on much higher benzo doses as well as other drugs. 

• 3 weeks later...

@[vi...] where was this rehab if you don’t mind me asking? And how are you doing now? I just started my Valium taper and I’m having an extremely hard time

9 hours ago, [[h...] said:

2 mg of Klonopin (clonazepam) is not a small amount, by any means. Happy to hear you're doing well, @[vi...]

Thank you for this reminder! I’m doing good and I really wish everyone on this forum the best. It’s incredible to read everyone’s success stories, it’s all possible! 

• Like 1

On 27/08/2024 at 16:00, [[v...] said:

I was determined to get off and no longer be dependent to this pill. I was on 2mg daily for 12 years and took it religiously to go to bed thinking I needed it to sleep. I had tried to taper by myself unsuccessfully several times. I finally admitted myself back in July and was put on an Ativan taper - which WOW, definitely had an effect on me which I wasn’t expecting. After 6 days on the Ativan taper, i stayed for 8 days, 14 days total. I feel okay- digestive issues and some anxiety- which is to be expected when you’re on a serious drug. I had never been to detox before & do not take other substances and rarely drink. I hope this helps any one who is looking to get off their Doctor’s prescription, do it fast & be free. Thanks to every one who takes time to write their successes and create this positive environment online, every person heals, our brains are incredibly resilient.

That is awesome! Which facility did you go to? Did they give you other medications during withdrawal?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ma...]
    • [...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [Fi...]