Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Why don't I have interdose withdrawals?

Hi,

Looking for anyone with a similar experience.  Or thoughts from anyone really.

I took 0.5 of ativan when I woke up for 15 months.  No other doses during the day.

I've now tapered down to 0.18 of ativan, still in the morning. Very slow taper.  It is taken almost five months.  I feel progressively better on average the lower I go. 

I definitely will get some withdrawal symptoms when I decrease.  More anxiety in the morning, headache, sore legs, foggy.

But.......I always feel better as each day goes on.  I feel my worst after taking the ativan every day.  By 2pm I'm pretty good and by evening I'm really good.

I have to be somewhat physically dependent after all this time.  But why don't I get any interdose issues?  The less ativan I have in me the better I feel!

Does anyone else get this?  

• Like 1

@[De...] You are doing so well tapering off Ativan, which has a short half-life. I’ve read of others on BB who have to dose two or three times a day as they taper Ativan. 
Best wishes on the remainder of your taper. Ctlady

Wow, I wish everyone could do this well tapering Ativan! 

I wonder if you're feeling the morning cortisol rush that makes just about everyone miserable until later in the afternoon?  Or are you just lucky and your taper isn't a horror story?  Either way, I hope it continues and you get off the Ativan and live happily ever after. :classic_biggrin:

Yes like @[Ct...]says. It has time to leave the system so it's necessarily don't need to make you psychial dependent. I was like that for years while taking zopiclone. 

You're a lucky guy/girl 😊😁

Edited by [PE...]

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Hi @[De...] I too am also dosing once a day. 3.5 months now and about to start a taper. Guess we're the few. 

Don't switch to a longer acting if anyone tells you to. Not getting interdose wd symptoms means your brain isn't really physical dependent on it imo. All that changes if switching to a longer acting..

Take care.

If you're correct in that my brain isn't physically dependant... Would that mean I could just cold turkey the medication and be fine? 

I tried to do a fast taper a few months ago after only 3 weeks of use and I was hit with withdrawal symptoms. So I stayed on 0.5 to stabilize. 

I'm now planning a slow taper, and will split doses if I experience interdose. 

Edited by [Mt...]

2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

If you're correct in that my brain isn't physically dependant... Would that mean I could just cold turkey the medication and be fine? 

I tried to do a fast taper a few months ago after only 3 weeks of use and I was hit with withdrawal symptoms. So I stayed on 0.5 to stabilize. 

I'm now planning a slow taper, and will split doses if I experience interdose. 

Yeah this thing is weird for sure.. it might come later down the road.

I wouldn't CT if i really didn't need to.

Good luck.

I'm confused about the physically dependant aspect of this. If I weren't physically dependant, I wouldn't have had the issue with coming odd after only 3 weeks. 

Just now, [[M...] said:

I'm confused about the physically dependant aspect of this. If I weren't physically dependant, I wouldn't have had the issue with coming odd after only 3 weeks. 

I think 3 weeks is enough but not common. 

No you probably right..