Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please tell me your weirdest unexplained neurological symptoms that you have/had from withdrawal from Benzos/SSRI?

1 hour ago, [[v...] said:

Ohhhh - not sure when you posted that, but I sure would have liked to have read it to find out about it sooner. I only found out about this symptom after reading something that @[Fa...] wrote. I was so damn embarrassed, I wrote her a PM about it. I was literally floored, to find out this was a BIND symptom but very happy to hear it was. I couldn't figure out why it was happening to me. It definitely makes sense because of the nerve endings. It is VERY uncomfortable, right? And it doesn't go away until it wants to. 

With your name and the clover, I'm guessing you're from the Boston area or Ireland? lol. Don't mean to make an assumption, but I'm guessing I am doing just that.

I posred  about pgad somewhere about one month And half ago. I didnt know it was pgad. I was thinking i am horny again like i was before benzo😂😂 And then someone write something about it And i realised oh i have this😂😂😂 

It can be unpleasnt  but you can find some joy in that too 😀 i mean my orgasm was really intense And magical😂 

it lasted about 3 month. 
i hear about BIND but didnt know that pgad is simptom of that. 
I know people in benzo comunity are afraid of bind but i listened one benzo coach i like she Said that bind is actually just cluster of simptoms that is diferent than most of wd simptoms that people usually have. They needed name for group of people that experience diferent kind of simptoms. But by some mistake people think bind last very long. It doesnt have to mean. 

@[Mi...]  I understand your sensitivity.  This is a horrible time for most of us.

My reply was sponsored by the word 'weirdest'...not 'worst'.  That is why I posted the one that I did.  And, with my respect, PGAD is a very troubling symptom to experience.  It just so happens it was a current thread that was discussed, and we have been trying to find some humour in it.

I experienced, and still experience very severe symptoms...but, I would not classify them as weird, I would classify them as horrific.  I experienced severe AKA for 14 months through this, and I relate more to those who CT'd or rapid tapered.

And, truth be told, we all go through rapid cycling ups and downs during this, and sometimes we may be able to access our humour for a moment.  Sometimes, it's just a moment, and we are back in the trenches again.  So, please do not take offence to the injected humour.  It is not meant to minimize the suffering, we sometimes just take an opportunity when we feel we can to lighten things up.

Warmly,

F

• Like 3

My weirdest symptom during my taper would be the involuntary movement of my right hand.  This would only occur when I was lying down on my side.

Faith25624, thanks for understanding. But somehow when I read all your posts in this thread, my regret has risen up and I'd had to write something. I'm glad you all find space for humor and honestly ...I'm simply jelous a bit :). Anyway hoping that we will be able to laugh again, sooner than later, too. At the moment there is a way too much pain...

Take care,

Leszek

• Like 2

Being so depersonalized that I don't even recognize my own voice....let alone my face in the mirror! Even my heartbeat sounds and feels different like not mine!

Edited by [Ca...]
  • Like 2

On 22/08/2024 at 05:01, [[M...] said:

Hi Buddies, 

I’m just wondering if you could please share your weirdest neurological/thinking/perception symptoms that you’ve experienced in withdrawal from or kindling from either benzos or SSRIs, thanks in advance! 

I cant say there is special simptom more like cluster of simptoms similar. Like strange sensation on diferent area of body And conection that part of the body with pgad. Like when i touch my hand i had feeling like i did touch my back or its conected with genital area. Very dificult to explain. 
I quess it was just nervs endings. 

• Like 1

@[Mi...]  Jealousy in this, in my opinion, runs rampant.  And, I feel it is totally normal and to be expected.  The worst suffering is our own suffering, and standing by as our loved one is in such pain is not different.  You have gone through trauma as a result of watching your wife suffer through this.  We feel helpless.

We all hope to be able to laugh again...like, really laugh from our belly.  Some on the site may be further along on their path and have access to that again.  What you read does not tell the whole story all of the time.

Please accept my compassion and understanding.  This does get better.  It may be very slow, but it will get better.  Thank you for all you are doing for your wife.  There are many of us who lose our support system through this, and I have much gratitude for those who stand by us.

Warmly,

Edited by [Fa...]
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

I posred  about pgad somewhere about one month And half ago. I didnt know it was pgad. I was thinking i am horny again like i was before benzo😂😂 And then someone write something about it And i realised oh i have this😂😂😂 

It can be unpleasnt  but you can find some joy in that too 😀 i mean my orgasm was really intense And magical😂 

it lasted about 3 month. 
i hear about BIND but didnt know that pgad is simptom of that. 
I know people in benzo comunity are afraid of bind but i listened one benzo coach i like she Said that bind is actually just cluster of simptoms that is diferent than most of wd simptoms that people usually have. They needed name for group of people that experience diferent kind of simptoms. But by some mistake people think bind last very long. It doesnt have to mean. 

BIND is an injury from the nervous system going hyperactive. rapid or no tapering from long term use causes it.  If you said seizures cause an injury people would say of course.  Recovery usually doesnt go that bad but something slightly below a seizure for a very prolonged time also causes an injury.  

It is challenging for people in the industry or even connected to the industry to accept the harms they cause. Most really want to think of themselves as healers when this is almost never the case

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

BIND is an injury from the nervous system going hyperactive. rapid or no tapering from long term use causes it.  If you said seizures cause an injury people would say of course.  Recovery usually doesnt go that bad but something slightly below a seizure for a very prolonged time also causes an injury.  

It is challenging for people in the industry or even connected to the industry to accept the harms they cause. Most really want to think of themselves as healers when this is almost never the case

I will for sure try to find more information on bind to see if that was case for me. I did have Rapid tapet (4 weeks) from more than 2 mg of k. No seizurs luckily. Thank you! 

The bottom line is that these BIND symptoms are a sign that our brains are in the process of healing and that is a good thing for all of us!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The BIND symptoms are the signs of the harm and lingering hyperactivity.  Them going away is the sign of healing. They do go away. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I can't agree more, and was thinking how I can get caught up in my sxs instead of the joy I have even now, while still tapering, in my life, oregonlady ~ denise, sending encouragement, hope, and love to all :hug::thumbsup::smitten:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

The bottom line is that these BIND symptoms are a sign that our brains are in the process of healing and that is a good thing for all of us!

Yes it looks like my all body was hyper exited. But not my mind. It was confusing that distance between mind And body.  
we have to stay positive this will end! 

• Like 2

Brain worms, usually some obnoxious commercial jingle running through my head. Same one for days and days.

My ears would become bright red and feel like they were on fire. I would also peel them like I just had a horrible sun burn. Probably connected to the fact my brain felt like someone was holding a hot iron on my brain. Thank god that ended!

On 24/08/2024 at 02:19, [[M...] said:

I think we have to distinguish between people after proper tapering and CT as symptoms might vary a lot. Then after CT quite often symptoms are cruel and not funny at all, like difficulties with breathing, severe nerve's pain (most of the body), akathisia, feeling like drinking 100 of Red Bulls ("exploding" inside), "acid" in brain, insomnia and many more....I'm sorry for lack of optimism and humor but as my wife is going through all these, since April 2023, so when reading your optimistic inputs I feel regret that we can't join this thread in different way. Of course I heard about exceptions when CT recovered quite quickly and vice versa people suffering too much while tapering....

Anyway do hope will be able to laugh about this time one day. Wish you all good health.

I must say that this is the worst experience of my life and I know you and your wife probably feel the same.  I am so sorry that your wife is going through this and, as her caretaker, I am sorry for your position and the great loss you also prob feel from (temporarily) losing the wife you once knew.  I say temporality because she will heal and one day this will all be behind both of you.  

i also wanted to mention that although going cold Turkey is very, very hard and usually tends to be “worse” there are those of us that did do everything “right” and are still just as sick as those that underwent a rapid taper and even cold turkey cessation.  It’s not a one size fits all kind of thing and there is no guarantee in any of this.  I just wanted to reiterate your feelings of this isn’t a laughing matter for many of us, no matter how we tapered or didn’t taper.  I agree with you in that I hope one day we can look back on it and find some laughter, and maybe as healing happens we can. 

The last thing I want to say is that your wife WILL heal and this will pass.  I know she is prob so afraid and scared but the prognosis for us is that of healing.  Keep the smallest glimmer of HOPE alive!

• Like 1

Thank you Rhernanhtown for ensuring us about healing...can't stop hoping for it but it is so terribly hard at the moment...definitely this is the very worst experience in our lifes.

And I understand that some people having very difficult time while tapering and sometimes it takes even years to heal for them...anyway we would have more hope and patience if so much pain / akathisia would not be one of the main symptoms...

But it has to subside finally ...

Wishing you and everyone suffering health.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/08/2024 at 23:02, [[M...] said:

Thank you Rhernanhtown for ensuring us about healing...can't stop hoping for it but it is so terribly hard at the moment...definitely this is the very worst experience in our lifes.

And I understand that some people having very difficult time while tapering and sometimes it takes even years to heal for them...anyway we would have more hope and patience if so much pain / akathisia would not be one of the main symptoms...

But it has to subside finally ...

Wishing you and everyone suffering health.

It will get better. We won't give up on Ala. No way❤️