Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

In a horrific setback after 8 years- need some more buddies.

1 hour ago, [[F...] said:

...the severity of symptoms is not an indicator of how long the symptoms will last.  Please keep that in mind to the best of your ability.

@[An...], this, this is what you need to focus on, I can see this is devastating but you're going to come out of this.  Every single one of us has tried to find our way through this and we've made some questionable decisions but that's because we don't have the information we need, this is not your fault.

• Like 5

I apologize, I think I was misunderstood.  I honestly meant to encourage angrybird but it seems I did the opposite.  It's a reason I don't come to benzobuddies very often.  It can be a "free for all"  for misunderstanding.

There are times you may really need help and an answer and get nothing or some may pick up on a few words and get the forum in an uproar.  This forum can be very detrimental in numerous ways.

@[An...] again I apologize and wish you to thrive and be successful in your journey.  

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

I apologize, I think I was misunderstood.  I honestly meant to encourage angrybird but it seems I did the opposite.  It's a reason I don't come to benzobuddies very often.  It can be a "free for all"  for misunderstanding.

There are times you may really need help and an answer and get nothing or some may pick up on a few words and get the forum in an uproar.  This forum can be very detrimental in numerous ways.

@[An...] again I apologize and wish you to thrive and be successful in your journey.  

Hi @[AL...], your post to @[An...] was indeed encouraging, I think the issue was another member posted some less than supportive words but they've since deleted them.   I'm sorry to know you've had negative experiences here. 

• Like 3

@[Pa...]Hi Pamster,  Fortunately, administrators like you are there to mediate when we get sensitive and need encouragement.  I love the administrators.    I sincerely appreciate your response. :hug:

• Like 1

I had just the opposite experience. After 17 years of being prescribed daily benzodiazepines and a 90 day taper off them I went through hell and psychedelics were the one thing that got me through it. To have this affect you eight years later is very puzzling indeed. Particularly with a microdose. I think there are other things that play here. I’m not sure what but you might want to explore your diet and any other medication‘s you’ve taken.

• Like 2

On 25/08/2024 at 16:32, [[A...] said:

@[Pa...]Hi Pamster,  Fortunately, administrators like you are there to mediate when we get sensitive and need encouragement.  I love the administrators.    I sincerely appreciate your response. :hug:

Me too, they are amazing and helped me endlessly.

P.S I wrote kind of rough answer to @[An...], as I'm talking with my "kid" that it did bad things, because I also had a bad experience in the past with mushrooms. 

Look, very easy can happen misunderstanding and hurts even virtually, because we don't see our expressions and hear our tone..

I'm from the Balkans, my English is not my native language and often I have problem to say the things I have with the right words..In the Balkans we are more temperamental and we know first to scare the people for which we care with shouting...It's our way to show that we care for the people, no matter how contra productive it is..

That's the beauty of this forum. We are so many people from all the world and honestly many of us care for us... Indeed.

All will be good sooner or later.

Btw I'm passing through very hard period again. My father has serious health issues and I'm nearly in "acute" in my nearly 3 years off.

1 hour ago, [[a...] said:

I had just the opposite experience. After 17 years of being prescribed daily benzodiazepines and a 90 day taper off them I went through hell and psychedelics were the one thing that got me through it. To have this affect you eight years later is very puzzling indeed. Particularly with a microdose. I think there are other things that play here. I’m not sure what but you might want to explore your diet and any other medication‘s you’ve taken.

Same. Been off benzos for just over 2 years and consider myself healed. Did a Psilocybin trip with my siblings a few months ago, and ever since I have just felt incredibly grateful for everything. The experience was extremely positive. It seems odd to me too that a microdose of it would have such devastating effects. 

• Like 1

@[An...] I am also in a severe setback due to an antibiotic. Just as bad as my acute in every way. Feel free to message me. I need buddies 

• Like 1

I too am 5 years off and in a setback. The weirdest symptom is when I’m in my office trying to work, I hear a humming/vibration that no one else can hear. And then I obsess about it and am constantly listening for noises. What is this crazy symptom? I feel like I’m going insane. 

On 20/08/2024 at 22:11, [[A...] said:

Hi everyone, as I write this post today, more lucid due to a decrease in sxs, I’m reaching out for more buddies. I was 8 years off benzos and now in a setback worse than my original w/d due to some substances consumed. 
This all happened 2.5 months ago and just last week all my sxs became worse which has me deeply frightened and hopeless. I fear I may lose it all. My marriage, my kids, my career. Heartbroken I’m going through this all again- even worse. I spent years building my life back up, only for this to happen again. Total panic, insomnia, intrusive dark thoughts, pacing, burning skin. Can’t belive this. I need some support please.

What did you consume 

On 22/08/2024 at 07:38, [[b...] said:

Sorry mate but this is indeed a setback. We do heal.but we remain sensitive to near everything. A lifetime of refraining from any type of substances is needed. Im sorry but they do end

mine is coming to an end now. But its taking me 17 months. My setback was worse than acute. Absolutley horrific is an understatement

time is your friend..

Whittiers I am THRILLED to hear that your setback is ending!!!!   I’m at 7 mos of this horrific wave, last week had 6 windows in 7 days, from 3 - 10 hours apiece. Got my hopes up and now slammed again.  You are someone whose story scared the crap out of me, so glad you are better!!!!!!