Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sensitive and insecure

Are others incredibly sensitive and insecure about everything, mostly themselves? When I watch television it feels like whatever is on tv is happening to me. It’s so intense and overwhelming. Someone being sarcastic on social media can give me anxiety and almost physical pain. I see attractive and/or confident people online and I feel insecure and like I’m not good enough. And anger and bitterness! I went for a walk today and I was just angry that I was going through this and that the people I was walking past weren’t (maybe they are 🤷‍♂️). I just feel everything really intensely in the pit of my stomach. Do all these insecurities and fears go away? I know we’ll feel these things on occasion in our lives but this is just constant. It’s too much.

I still struggle with a lot of this. Less as I improve and move on a bit but I dont think it is going away completely ever. 

It comes from the trauma and depression I believe and certainly some from the WD. Even those extreme empathetic reactions. Every emotional response is harder to cope with these days. 

It definitely gets better bud but there is no erasing the experience. 

Some is also likely just part of recovery too though and will go away. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

Are others incredibly sensitive and insecure about everything, mostly themselves? When I watch television it feels like whatever is on tv is happening to me. It’s so intense and overwhelming. Someone being sarcastic on social media can give me anxiety and almost physical pain. I see attractive and/or confident people online and I feel insecure and like I’m not good enough. And anger and bitterness! I went for a walk today and I was just angry that I was going through this and that the people I was walking past weren’t (maybe they are 🤷‍♂️). I just feel everything really intensely in the pit of my stomach. Do all these insecurities and fears go away? I know we’ll feel these things on occasion in our lives but this is just constant. It’s too much.

I believe these thoughts and things will go away when the brain starts to calm down. 3-6 months after jumping. I'm having a really hard time seeing this thing as permanent.

• Like 1

Just now, [[i...] said:

I believe these thoughts and things will go away when the brain starts to calm down. 3-6 months after jumping. I'm having a really hard time seeing this thing as permanent.

The WD’s definitely not permanent but I do question what’s me and what’s the withdrawal. I get confused about where the line is. Also it brings up a lot of trauma for me and it’s hard to know what’s’me’ and what’s just the benzos.

6 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

The WD’s definitely not permanent but I do question what’s me and what’s the withdrawal. I get confused about where the line is. Also it brings up a lot of trauma for me and it’s hard to know what’s’me’ and what’s just the benzos.

We all have the same questions I think and it is hard to answer. I improved and everything affected me less over time but I still have no days where I dont for at least some amount of time I have to find ways to avoid reliving WD. If I let it go on too much I become a mess. How you learn to distinguish between physically rooted symptoms and mental/trauma ones I really dont know. It does get easier. 

I have a lot of luck reframing things a bit. Instead of being angry and considering myself a victim I try to think about how strong I am to have survived this.  Instead of thinking my life will never be the same I think about getting all the good I can out of life despite my challenges.  It helps  

• Like 3